I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Sunday 10 May 2015

MAY 10, 15 .. THE NAN LIAN GARDEN ..

Were it not for Patti's niece Eryn and her Her Man Jason I would NEVER have discovered these two PHENOMENAL sites .. THE NAN LIAN GARDEN and THE CHI LIN NUNNERY ..

THANK YOU SO MUCH JASON AND ERYN ..

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  

The NAN LIAN GARDEN and the CHI LIN NUNNERY are a Tang Dynasty Buddhist Temple joint attraction. The two are located in the Diamond Hill District of Kowloon a city across Victoria Harbor from Hong Kong.

The NAN LIAN GARDEN (on the right side of the below photo) is located directly across from the CHI LIN NUNNERY (on the left side of the below photo). The two are joined by a raised walkway structure across Fung Tak Road.


One of several methods to get to the two attractions is to ride the Hong Kong MTR to the Diamond Hill Station.


As you walk out of the Diamond Hill MTR Station .. there are several references to the two sites ..




It takes approximately 15-minutes to walk from the Diamond Hill MTR Station to the two sites.

Just in case any of you think these exquisite sites are located out in a remote area of Kowloon ..

GUESS AGAIN !


I am here-to-tell-you that these kind folks KNOW HOW to dress-up their gigantic city! The freeways not withstanding!



My hat is OFF to the local City Planners!

We have arrived ..

A nice 'overview' of the garden.  At the top of the below map of the garden you can see the elevated walkway that leads you across Fung Tak Road into the CHI LIN NUNNERY.


Are you all ready?

Deep Breath! .. Hold it! ..

Into the NAN LIAN GARDEN we go!











Below is your first glimpse of the beautiful ..

Pavillion of Absolute Perfection (Golden Pavillion) located in the center of a reflecting pool (The Lotus Pond).


Yes Indeed! We are in the heart of an enormous city!



The Pavillion of Absolute Perfection .. The Golden Pavillion ..



Now I am walking away from the Pavillion.  I will circle the garden and at the bottom of this Post I will come back to the other side of the Pavillion and show more photos of it.

I feel it is the Center Piece of NAN LIAN GARDEN.












If you look very closely at the above photo .. You can see that there is actually a restaurant behind the water falls!











The below photo .. Is a photo of a photo in the garden.


Now I have come full circle through the garden and have arrived back at the Pavillion of Absolute Perfection that I showed you near the beginning of this Post.


Find the bridge across Fung Tak Road at the top of the map .. Now come directly straight down and you will see the Pavillion of Absolute Perfection (The Golden Pavillion) in the center of The Lotus Pond reflecting pool.

Below you can see the Pavillion on the right between the two red Zi Wu Bridges leading to it.


I will now approach the Pavillion from its opposite side.

I have walked up onto the bridge across Fung Tak Road and am looking down upon the Pavillion.






Some scenes down from the bridge and around and beside the Pavillion.







The stone structure is the base of the bridge across Fung Tak Road.



Now for several photos of The Rockery .. An indoor display of rocks from the Hongshui River ..


The Rockery is the building on the left below.


Inside of The Rockery we go ..



I never seem to tire of nor to be amazed by the Chinese characters!










Patti was with me on the first of my several photo shoots at the NAN LIAN GARDEN ..

 STUNNED and HUMBLED? 

WE TWO BOTH ARE! .. Patti and Cap ..

The next Post below dated May 9, 2015 .. Shows the CHI LIN NUNNERY ..

6 comments:

  1. LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the walk through the Nan Lian Gardens ... so beautiful, and so extensive that I would not have been able to make that walk-through myself, but the pictures are truly a gift! Thank you so much!! I am happy that you got me down into the gardens (from the Nunnery) when I was there and that I got to stand in front of the Golden Pavillion. I am breathless!! Love, Patti (and, once again, from me, THANK YOU Jason and Eryn for opening this door for us).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you could have made the walk .. It would just have taken time .. and we would have had to get there other than walking up from Diamond Hill MTR Station .. maybe get a bus or a taxi so you would start fresh .. Much Love ..

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Why THANK YOU SO MUCH .. I am pleased you are still following along here .. I will post you a post card of the Taj Mahal from Agra Cantt .. Sorry to be so late getting to your comment .. Smiles ..

      Delete
  3. I loved my walk through the gardens. They are impeccably done. I don't think I missed a thing by not actually being there. Well, maybe I did but you did a fabulous job of sharing everything from as many angles and perspectives as possible.

    Thank you so much, Cap & Patti.

    Shaddy (check my blog for a creative writing piece I put there in big part due to your encouragement).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did check out your creative writing .. Too funny! .. So happy you liked the walk through the gardens .. What a nice experience it was to just walk slowly through them ..

      Delete

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP