I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Monday 14 November 2016

NOV 14, 16 .. ABU DHABI .. SHEIKH ZAYED GRAND MOSQUE ..

Let's begin here with a word.

Sheikh.

I always wanted to pronounce this word sheikh as .. She eeK!
And why not.

Sheikh.  She ikh. She is she. eik is eeK. It is a no-brainer!

But this is not the case.

This word sheikh is pronounced, well at least here in the Arab world, SHAKE.

All you ever wanted to know huh?

Whoa! Wait a minute! Hold the presses Captain. What is this?
SHAIKH ZAYED GRAND MOSQUE.

Ho Hum Captain. As you know, this is 100% normal for this part of the world. Spelling differs all over the place. 

But for this word of all words? SHEIKH and SHAIKH.

Get it Captain? The word SHAIKH pronounces as SHAKE! For by this time clarity has been found. The proper spelling of SHEIKH is probably SHAIKH.

Until I saw this mosque, The Sheikh (SHAIKH) Zayed Grand Mosque, I always thought that the Taj Mahal was it.

Well Mumtaz .. You ARE still IT.


Patti's expression of wonderment says it all about Mumtaz.


I will 'hedge my bet' as follows:

"Mumtaz! My Dear Mumtaz! You have some SHAIKH company over here in the United Arab Emirates."

"You my Dear Mumtaz, without a doubt, are much more photogenic. You are smaller and much more compact and I can capture you in one photo."

If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough. Meister Eckhart.

Lord God of Abraham, creator of heaven and earth, THANK YOU for the countless blessings you have showered down upon me! That I am able to see and I am able to visit the places I see and visit and then share my joy with my followers.

Whew! Wow! I do not take this all for granted.

In the below photos, you will see that I was only able to capture bits and pieces of The Sheikh (SHAKE) Zayed Grand Mosque. 

You had better believe, that in visiting the grand mosque, the ladies on our tour donned the proper Islamic attire that was provided for them at no cost by our tour company, Rayna Tours.
I love it. Selfies and smiles and photos galore!

My first view of Sheikh (SHAIKH) Zayed's Grand Mosque.





Now we are going to turn-the-corner. You will now more fully appreciate the size of The Grand Mosque!

The Grand Mosque is simply: Enormous. Gigantic. Stupendous.















I very carefully, to the best of my ability, snapped my photographs without showing you the crowds of visitors. So, since this is a program of honesty, there were indeed a few other visitors here with us.
"A few other visitors Captain?"





Yes! This indeed is my bus. Home Sweet Home Bus. Turn ON Turn UP the air conditioning.
What a DO-NOT-MISS experience seeing Sheikh/Shaikh Zayed's Grand Mosque was. 

Words simply fail me.

/ SIGN ME AS /  .. Wordless Cap

2 comments:

  1. The Grand Mosque, ummmmmmm, literally took my breath away. To say it is awesome is so inadequate. There is no comparing it to the Taj Mahal. Each has its own magnificence. All I can say is ... W O W ... very humbly ... W O W. In reverence, love, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a taker-ones-breath-away venue isn't it? Words indeed fail a visitor to explain it. There are unbelievable statistics about it. The carpet is the world's largest. So big it had to be woven inside the mosque and took several years to weave. Thousands worked on the carpet. Weighs several tons! Thanks for your comment My Dear One .. Love .. Cap

    ReplyDelete

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP