I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Saturday 15 January 2022

JAN 15, 22 .. PART 1/4 .. BUSES BY THE BRIDGE .. LAKE HAVASU CITY, ARIZONA

There are far too many (into the multiple millons) Special Interest Groups to even begin to count or to categorize or to list them all.  

So how could Patti and I possibly realize that we were suddenly going to become aware of a Volks Wagen Bus, Special Interest Group, Buses By The Bridge, that is celebrating its Twenty Fifth (25th) Annual Reunion here in Lake Havasu City?

Back, way back forty seven years, dating from October of 1974 until 1978, during the four years when I was working and living in West Germany, we owned, drove and absolutely loved our VW Bus. We then had it shipped back to the United States and kept it for some years thereafter. So I am certainly no stranger to VW Buses.

The name of this VW Bus Special Interest Group is ..

BUSES BY THE BRIDGE

The Bridge they are refering to is the famous London Bridge here in Lake Havasu City.


The Buses By The Bridge VW buses are not really close to the London Bridge they are supposed to be beside.



The local newspaper publicity states that the event is on Saturday, January 15th, implying that it is a one day event. Au contraire, the buses were showing up on Thursday, and on Friday over four hundred and fifty buses were parked and settling in. Saturday was a full day and they were going to begin the departure process on Sunday.

I saw the below buses as I approached the sign in area.




Here we are!

VOLKSWAGEN BUSES BY THE BRIDGE


Notice at the very bottom of the above photo the words..

**ABSOLUTELY NO OVERNIGHT PARKING

When I saw this disclaimer, and looked off into the distance at the (almost) five hundred VW Buses parked with people camping out, settling in and cooking, I wondered what on earth the above disclaimer meant.

When I signed in and got my wrist band day pass costing only $5 and good for all four of the days of the event ..


I asked about the above no overnight parking statement. I was told that people who did not officially sign up and register their vehicles for the event, but instead chose to park them in an overflow parking area (meant only for day visitors such as Patti and me) were not allowed by a local ordinance to overnight in the overflow parking area. I met one such visitor who told me he had chosen to sleep in a motel room and not in his VW Bus!

After formally entering the event, the very first of the hundreds of VW Buses I was soon to happen upon, was being down loaded from a tow truck!



I never asked what the history of the above bus was and why it was brought here in the condition you see. Of course maybe the owner wants to sell it : Best Offer No Reasonable Offer Will Be Refused !

Turn around 180° and you see a much cleaner VW Bus.


Oh My, Oh My, here we go. 

BUSES BY THE BRIDGE - PART 1







































Sports fans and followers of our website, this will conclude the first Post of this series of Posts showing..

BUSES BY THE BRIDGE, Lake Havasu City, Arizona.

Cap and Patti

2 comments:

  1. What a fun post. From rusted out hippiemobiles to glamping at its finest. Fun, fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow ! We are so happy that you enjoyed the Post and thought it was fun. There are probably two more Posts to come Gullible. You nailed it .. Rusted out Hippiemobiles to glamping at its finest. Smiles .. Cap and Patti

      Delete

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP