I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Tuesday 5 February 2013

FEB 6, 13 .. SAFELY INTO NEW DELHI ! !

As I sit here .. it is Wednesday morning .. February the 6th .. in spite of what the Google Blogspot heading above may say!

Let's just start off basic .. I am safely into New Delhi, India ..  and that is a good thing.   Depending upon whom I ask .. it has been raining for either two or three days .. and today looks like it will continue the 'rainy trend' ..

As we landed at 1AM local time this morning .. it was raining and foggy .. and a tad unnerving .. but all is well that ends well ..

By the time I completed Immigration and Customs and was in a taxi it was past 2AM .. and the traffic .. at 2AM in the early morning was GRIDLOCK !  But again .. I got to the YMCA here on Jai Singh Road in good shape and 'over-tipped' my taxi driver because he really drove safely and sanely .. An over-tip to you reading along here amounted to Two ($2) US Dollars and let me tell you .. my driver was jumping up and down happy with that tip .. the total fare was about Eight ($8) US Dollars so I gave him a 20% tip in lieu of the common no-tip-whatsover ..

I tried and I tried and I tried again and again to call Patti with no luck .. the outside pay phone at the YMCA lacked a dial tone and my friend at the front desk .. despite about ten or more attempts .. could not get a call to go through to the USA .. either to a cell phone or to a land line home phone .. no difference .. it was about 3:30AM when I 'crashed' .. and I mean I 'crashed' ..

Busy day today .. I have eaten breakfast and gotten money .. next up I will try to activate my India Cell Vodafone so I can make and receive calls .. I must get a stash of bottled drinking water .. go to my tailors and have him do some work on one of my India Shirts .. and all of it 'in-the-rain' it looks like at this writing ..

This will-do-it for now at least .. I have got-to-tell you all .. this morning .. I am 'feeling' each of my 76 years of life .. knowing and accepting this fact .. it is critical that I move slowly and deliberately .. I am 'prone' to 'mistakes' when I am feeling as I currently feel .. and here in India .. a 'mistake' can be fatal !  Like the 'mistake' of trying to board a moving bus .. or to de-board a moving bus before it fully stops .. or to get 'casual' out in the New Delhi traffic ..

In late October of 1990 .. when I arrived in India for my first-ever visit .. I instantly 'felt' like I 'belonged' here in India. Now .. over twenty two   (22) years and 'counting' .. at 10AM local time the 6th of February 2013 .. I STILL FEEL LIKE I BELONG HERE !  The magic of twenty two years is still alive-and-well with me and with Mother India ..

OK .. it is now ..  "time to get-on-with-the-getting-on" .. and I quote Richard Petty who would say this prior to beginning a NASCAR race when I was with his team back in the early 1970's ..  WHAT A  THRILL THOSE FEW YEARS WERE !

Much Joy from a 'wired up' Captain .. Love too .. 

Now Patti my dear one you can go to work and assist me to clean this up .. sorry I could not get a call through to you last night but you KNEW I was into Delhi safely ..  

No comments:

Post a Comment

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP