I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Wednesday 5 December 2012

DEC 5, 12 .. 'HEAH' IN THE SOUTH ..

To quote the famous 'Southern Sheriff'.. many 'here' down in the South do NOT say the word 'here' in a hard-crisp-precise 'Yankee' way ..  down 'here' in the wonderful South the word 'here'  comes out like 'hyaahhh .. "Boy .. whatcha doing 'heah' !" .. "Son down 'heah' we don't drive like that .. do you 'heah' me Son?" .. 

It seems that many Southern Sheriffs wear those 'mirror sunglasses' and the Southern Sheriff is a legend down 'heah'.  Anyway, 'heah' is said in one very quick but pronounced syllable .. 

'Lord-love-a-duck' .. it was a wonderful and a BIG PART OF MY LIFE .. back in the late 1960s and into the early 1970s to live down 'heah' in Georgia and in South Carolina earning my living 'building engines' in professional automobile racing ..

Down 'heah' in the South .. along with College Football .. big-time-professional automobile racing IS ENORMOUS .. it is BEYOND enormous .. here is a brief capsule to demonstrate how GIGANTIC it is !

My very first day working with a racing team in Spartanburg,  South Carolina .. MY FIRST DAY MIND YOU .. I drove to the shop in the morning  .. and I drove home for lunch .. and on-my-way back to the racing shop after lunch .. FOUR OR SO HOURS OF DRIVING IN TOWN .. the local Spartanburg Sheriff pulled me and my Ford Mustang .. with the CALIFORNIA LICENSE PLATES ON IT .. over to the side of the road.   Today .. FORTY (40) years later .. I could go down to Spartanburg and show you within a few feet of precisely where I was 'pulled-over' !  Down 'heah' you fear and you'd better respect the Sheriff !  For all I know, a Sheriff 'heah' in Arlington / Forth Worth / Dallas Texas may just-be-reading-along-with-me 'heah'!

So the Spartanburg Sheriff came up to me and said ..

"Son .. what are you doing down 'heah'?" .. I explained to the Sheriff why I was in town and specifically who I was working for and that I was on my way back-to-the-shop after going home to eat my lunch ..

THAT-WAS-THAT .. NEVER AGAIN .. NEVER NEVER NEVER AGAIN .. was I stopped or bothered by any local Spartanburg law enforcers !

OH YEAH .. RACING IS VERY BIG DOWN 'HEAH' ! 

Those of us who love sports .. call it .. 'Making the Bigs' .. and I was lucky enough to indeed do just that .. I 'Made The Bigs' in professional auto racing ..

I think that very few of you reading along 'heah' were in my life back then .. of course my two sons were and Robert 94596 was .. so too was James 29322 and his family and 'Duck' 27317 .. not to mention former team members who may still alive these 40+ years later but who are NOT following nor aware of these ramblings .. 

Smiles .. Cap  


No comments:

Post a Comment

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP