I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Friday 19 June 2020

JUN 19, 20 .. THE PERFECT DAY ? WHEN DOES IT GET EASY ? WE NEVER EVER KNOW WHAT'S NEXT !

Here was the script for my very-easy-duty day.

Check our mail at the Post Office.
Go to the bank.
Go to Walmart.
Go to Wendy's to purchase Frostys.
Return to our Condo.

Check our mail at the Post Office.

A 'snap'. In and out. Now off to the bank.

Go to the bank.

I had an appointment. I was on-time. The bank staff met me at the door. Done-deal. Clean and easy.

Go to Walmart.

I had my shopping list. You have to give credit where credit is due! Sometimes (often?) I forget it! I had my Covid-19 face mask. Walmart had each and every item on my shopping list.

Go to Wendy's to get Frostys to take-home.

Out of Walmart I motored. Turned right and then left and was in the Wendy's drive-up-window line in a few minutes. 

What could possibly go-wrong sitting in Wendy's drive-up-window line?

There was a line. Four cars ahead of me. It was early afternoon so there were already several cars behind me. I do NOT like to sit in any drive-up-window lines with my motor running so I turned the ignition off. I like to let the cars ahead of me move up a space or two before I restart my engine and close-the-gap.

Beautiful sunny perfect day. The cars ahead of me had moved up two spaces so I started my engine.

WE NEVER EVER KNOW WHAT'S NEXT !!

We think we know what's coming. 

The engine WOULD NOT START. 

To avoid this issue, I have two, heavy duty, top-of-the-line, quality batteries under-the-hood of my truck. The engine would not start.

I got out of my truck. I walked up to the drive-up-window and told them I was in line and, because my truck would not start, I was blocking the customers behind me. Almost instantly they had two employees at my side and we walked back to my truck.  Several men in vehicles behind me jumped out to assist. The crew pushed me through the Wendy's drive-up-window roadway, out into one of Anchorage's busiest streets (the New Seward Highway between Benson and Northern Lights), and into the Tesoro Service Station next to Wendy's. 

I called Patti. Patti called our roadside assistance hotline. They called me and got the details of my location (where I was) and where I wanted to have my truck taken.  The tow company called me and asked me to be sure my service dealer would accept my truck. Thirty or so minutes later up pulled the road service truck. A real professional, he confirmed where I wanted to go, and loaded my truck onto his rig.



Out and off we went. 

I told you that this is one of Anchorage's busiest streets and I wasn't kidding you!




Here we are at my Service Center. We've been doing business here for twenty six years.





Five days (without our 'wheels') and $1,250 dollars later all is well. Our truck had major electrical charging system issues along with some other (non related to the truck not starting) important items that needed to be corrected.

We're all (Patti and I and Mister R. Richardson Richtoffen our truck) happy that he is home again.



We really think we know what's coming next in this life don't we? 

Snap-your-fingers and something like this happens.

But as I just wrote, all is well and all is swell. We had plenty of food and other necessities stocked up in our Condo and we just relaxed our way through this (call it) minor road bump in life.

Smiling ..

Cap and Patti who is enjoying her magnificent flower creations!









No comments:

Post a Comment

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP