I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Monday 30 August 2021

AUG 30, 21 .. WHAT ABOUT BOB ? .. HAPPY 85TH BIRTHDAY TO YOU BOB !!



What about Bob ?

Well there is a lot about Bob for me !

To begin with, Bob was born on August the 30th and I was born, six days later, on September the 5th. So we are, to coin a phrase, sort of litter mates. We lived in, and we grew up in, the same neighborhood. I lived on one street and Bob lived on the parallel street one over from my street. 

For all of us, our memories only go back so far. I myself can only remember back to about the age of four. But Bob I clearly remember back to the beginning of my life memories.

Bob and I began school (Kindergarden) each of having just turned age 5 together and I clearly remember Bob from our Kindergarden days together. One favorite memory I have is that Bob was a bit of a cut-up. One day in Kindergarden (if I remember this correctly) Bob got into 'dutch' with our Kindergarden teacher and was put into the large open ended box that held our playthings to 'cool down'.

And we grew up during the WWII 'war years'. 

We went to Elementary School, Junior High School and High School. Somewhere in the mix, Bob lost a grade and slipped behind me.

And? I could write a short tome about the lifetime of memories that I have around Bob.

His Dad was really something special! He was a member of the United States Marine Corps in WWI! Bob told me that "Yes! His Dad realized that I too became a Marine!"

So Bob, here's to you ..

HAPPY 85TH BIRTHDAY

Your Ally, Cap

Although this writing is about Bob, I must mention that we had a third chum. His name was Ed. Like Bob, Ed was born in August. Ed is still alive and Bob and Ed are closely in touch but Ed is slipping and is living in a care home for senior citizens. I send Ed pieces of mail from time to time and I call him but, sad to say, Ed no longer clearly remembers who I am.

Post Script .. On October the 2nd 2021, Bob Kelly, my life long friend and Ally suddenly passed away. 

I received the below notification from his wife.

I have very sad news . Oct 2nd Bob died at our cabin in northern WI. It was very unexpected. He had a mitral valve problem but was doing very well on his medication. The coroner said he probably had a heart attack. I found him in the morning when I got up, laying on the porch floor.

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Bob. That is a keeper of a card. How interesting how you were born so close together and grew up close too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so very much Terra for your comment. It is nice you still check in with us from time to time. Yes our life long friendship is very special. Cap

      Delete

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP