I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Thursday 16 September 2021

SEP 16, 21 .. HILLSTRAND POND .. ANOTHER VISIT

Once a month, I take a medicine (risedronate for male osteoporosis) that mandates I do not lie down for a minimum of 30 minutes. I take the residronate with 8 ounces of plain, tap water (several hours before any food, other liquids, vitamins or other medicines) while standing up and then I go out for a walk.

Yes, I know, you all know that I have been doing this for four years, so what's the big deal. 

Today the big deal is posting the photos that I took on my walk this morning and publishing my first post here on blogspot for the month of September 2021.

Patti and I never seem to get tired of our beautiful neighborhood so perhaps you will also enjoy a revisit.

Since I walk part of the way to Hillstrand Pond on the street..

I asked Patti a silly question as I set off to go.

"Patti. Do you think I am visible?"





"Yes Cap! You certainly are very visible!"

So out and off at 11:11AM this somewhat dark Autumn Thursday morning I went. It was a delicious and coolish 45°F as I set off on my walk.

Looking up the street as I walk from our condo.

A look back at our building.

And up the street I begin.





In the distance (see the red stop sign in the below photo) is 20th Avenue.


When I am out on one of my walks, I keep in touch with Patti by texting her. My first check in text originates here at 20th Avenue.


Across 20th Avenue I go, heading for the path into Hillstrand Pond. The path is just behind the car on the left in the below photo.


Now we head up the path into Hillstrand Pond.



In the distance, at the end of the path in the photo below, is a paved trail that I will turn to the right onto and proceed to Hillstrand Pond.



Turning right onto one of the extensions of the Tony Knowles Coastal Trail System (please see the below links) we are close to Hillstrand Pond.

https://anchoragecoastaltrail.com/

https://www.alaska.org/detail/tony-knowles-coastal-trail

In the next photos below, Hillstrand Pond is past the bridge in the distance to the left.




Nice. Very nice!


Turning around 180° from the above photo, in the below photo we look out across the bridge onto Hillstrand Pond.



Continuing across the bridge, we look back at it in the below photo. The water under the bridge is flowing from the right to the left.


A great place for people to sit and relax.



In the background of the above photo, you can see a few of the resident duck population.

Ducks Captain?









Today there were certainly NOT as many ducks as one can see in the heart of the Summer.




Ducks Captain?

This lad that I photographed in India while visiting Ooty some many years ago, just slipped in here on me!


 "You are right Captain! I just had to see some Alaskan Ducks!" Sign me : Your Ooty Monkey.

"Whoa! You invited your entire tribe of Ooty Monkeys!"


"Yes Indeed Captain! All of us wanted to see some Alaksan Ducks!"

And?

The time has come to wrap this up.

Cap and Patti (without whose support and encouragement and proof reading I might not be able to keep on with the keeping on here!)

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful neighborhood. I love the color of your jacket. I have a fleece jacket and short sleeved shirt in that color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathleen for your comment. Yes we really love our neighborhood too. The color of the jackets (yours and mine) either help prevent us from being run over OR make us good targets! So you pays your money and you take your chances. Smiling .. Cap

      Delete

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP