I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Saturday 18 September 2021

SEP 18, 21 .. MEMORIES

 Memories.

Light the corners of my mind.

Misty water-colored memories.

One of my very closest friends in Russian Siberia recently sent me the below photograph of the Bratsk Hydroelectric Power Plant, located North of Irkutsk Russian Siberia on the Angara River.


Let me tell you! The above photograph brought back a flood of memories that date back to December 20th of 2018 when, along with three Russian associates, the four of us visited one of the most famous of all the Russian Hydroelectric Power Plants, The SAYAHO-SHUSHENSKAYA DAM, located approximately 110 km South of the City of Abakan.

The below wikipedia link will give you a nice overview of the Sayaho-Shushenskaya Dam.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sayano-Shushenskaya_Dam

While I am healthy, and my memory is still functional, I hope that I will never forget our visit. For one thing, in this life time, I can't ever remember being colder than I was during our visit. Here we all were, in the heart of Russian Siberia, in mid December and the weather was freezing. Because I have been living in Alaska for some 24 years, I know, from actual experience, what minus 60°F feels like. The cold was not the issue. The issue was that I was not wearing serious cold weather clothing (from head to foot and let me tell you, keeping your feet warm is critical in severe cold weather) and so I was totally unprepared for what I encountered. 

And? I lived through it.

To relive my visit along with you, I decided to post some of the photographs that I snapped December the 20th of 2018.

Here the four of us are.

I was not out in a t-shirt and shorts BUT, I was NOT prepared for the cold and the wind that blew right through the four of us. Please notice the leather mittens that had three layers of cloth gloves under them. To take photos, I had to slip my hands out of the mittens, and the lighter weight liner gloves did not offer any protection from the wind at the Dam site.


Alexzay, our driver, and I have identical hair styles!

Mike my translator.


Alexander and yours truly.


Here is what I mean about the wind blowing.


Here we go with a few memories from that bitter, cold, windy and never to be forgotten, day.

During my 9 months in Russian, I never tired of seeing the beautiful Russian Churches.














In Russia, there are many monuments and memorials remembering and honoring the workers, men and women, who build these enormous projects.





In all my life, when I shot the below photograph, I can't recall my hands and my fingers being colder. I had to remove my gloves to snap photos and by the end of our visit I was really cold.


One last and final look back at The Sayaho-Shushenskaya Dam.



When we returned to Abakan, we joined others who were waiting for us and I led a meeting.



All during the meeting, this one gentleman would not warm up.


So I gave him some assistance!

Voila!



Smiling with joy at some great memories on December the 20th 2018 in Russian Siberia.

Memories.

Light the corners of my mind.

Misty water-colored memories.

Smiling .. 

Cap (Patti did not join me until February 2019 in Irkutsk)

A few more photos just to show how warm and welcoming my Russian associates were towards me.

Mike and I were invited to join them in a meal at Alexsay's home the next afternoon.

Real, honest to goodness, Russian Siberia.



Our host Alexzay.

Alexander our local host and beside him Mike, my translator for two months on the road.





Yes. I could go back. As in right now this instant.


No comments:

Post a Comment

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP