I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Thursday 17 August 2017

AUG 17, 17 .. FROM ULAANBAATAR, MONGOLIA WITH LOVE..

In all of this wonderful world, the below scene, here in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, is easily one of my very favorite views.


In these first two photos, you are looking at..

In the left background, you see The Blue Sky Hotel and Tower.

In the near foreground, you see the tops of several very historic Mongolian buildings in the Choijin Lama Museum, located in the very heart of downtown Ulaanbaatar.



Below I am showing a few photos of each of the above two main features.

Exactly like the Taj Mahal in India, every time I get near The Blue Sky Hotel and Tower, it whispers to me..

"Dad! Take my photo." .. "Thank You Dad."


"Dad, snap another photo please."


Below are a few photos of the tops of the buildings in the Choijin Lama Museum. 

To attempt to orient you to the next photos below.. 

The first two photos at the beginning of this Post, were taken facing the Choijin Museum from the right.


In these three photos, The Blue Sky Hotel and Tower is behind me and to my left.




Now to the REST OF THE STORY.


When I am hungry for a real tuna sandwich at one of my favorite restaurants in all of Ulaanbaatar, where the owner immediately comes over and sits down at my table to visit, and to eat his own lunch.. I head straight for.

MILLIE'S ESPRESSO. 



As I walk to, and return from, Millie's Espresso, I pass the above scenes of The Blue Sky Hotel and Tower and The Choijin Lama Museum.

Often I snap a few photos of what I have just shown you above.



To enter Millie's, you first enter the below very pleasant Art Gallery and then turn to your right.



In the below photo, do you see the lady smiling at me and posing for her photo in the center left? There is no missing her interest and pleasure. Do you suppose we know one another?



Looking back towards the entrance at Millie's Espresso. The above lady's back is now facing us.



"What's to eat Captain?" 

"A tuna sandwich with a nice salad instead of french fries?"




I love their motto.

We Don't Serve Fast Food
We Serve Fresh, Wholesome Food
As Fast As We Can




Daniel. An owner. A friend.

As he sat down at my table to join me..

The first words out of his mouth were.

"I thought you were coming back to U.B. last winter."



Need I say that we two had a long, very pleasant visit. Daniel then told me that another friend of ours from Switzerland, also a senior citizen, himself had a hip replacement recently. We got him on the phone and his was arthritis relief motivated. I hope to see him before I leave Ulaanbaatar on the 24th of August.

There sure is a lot of joy in this world isn't there?

"Captain?" .. "Yes?" .. "You manufacture joy Captain." .. "Thanks For That Gift My Mind."

Oh yes Patti was on the phone with us several times.

Smiling from ear-to-ear.

Cap

And?.. 

Now..

THE REST OF THE STORY

In November 2015, Gullible and Patti and I visited Ulaanbaatar together. 

Gullible, who had never been here kept saying to me..

"Cap! Trip Advisor highly recommends a restaurant here in Ulaanbaatar called Millie's. I would like us to go there Cap."

We never went to Millie's back in November of 2015.

For one thing, we were swamped with things to do that stood in our way. For another thing, I, the driver of our bus, had never ever heard of Millie's, had no idea of where Millie's might be let alone how to get to Millie's and did not have a clue as to what in the heck Trip Advisor was. 

I did not have / nor could I take the time to research this Millie's issue.

Out of my deep respect for Gullible, when four months later, I returned back to Ulaanbaatar in March of 2016, I educated myself about Trip Advisor and I found Millie's.

Both, Trip Advisor and Millie's have become part-of-my-life.

Thank You Gullible for these gifts.

Cap


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post ... stunning contrast with the Blue Sky Hotel and Tower fronted by the Choijin Lama Museum. Nice that you got back to Millies's and the delightful Daniel ... I love their motto. Love, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a benefit to enjoy when I visit Millie's. I get to see this view. Changer by the way is the one who first pointed it out to me. We were walking to Millie's and he said to me .. Stop and look back Cap. What a gift. Much Love and Thanks. Cap

    ReplyDelete
  3. You cannot imagine how pleased I am that you have made Millie's part of your Mongolian life. I did a lot of research before we went, and Millie's was highly recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: The other highly recommended restaurant in UB was Korean Hot Pot where we get that fabulous bacon potato salad.

    ReplyDelete

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP