I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Saturday 4 November 2017

NOV 4, 17 .. CASTLE ROCK, ST IGNACE, MICHIGAN

Michigan's Upper Peninsula is a very enjoyable place to visit. In previous Posts I have shown The Mackinac Bridge, Mackinac Island and Mackinaw City. This Post will show you Castle Rock, located in the same area as the above attractions.

The Mackinac Bridge connects Michigan's upper and lower peninsulas.






As you pass through the toll plaza at the North end of the bridge, you enter the St. Ignace area. 

As you exit the toll plaza, if you continue to drive North on Interstate Highway 75, just slightly North of St. Ignace, on your left (West) side, you see Castle Rock.




I said to Patti.

"Will you just look at that? Let's go and check this out."

Below you see the Castle Rock gift shop. The entrance to the steps leading up to Castle Rock is inside of the gift shop. For just one dollar ($1) you can take the hike up 170 steps to the top.




The walk up and the walk down are not for the faint of heart. There are several very nice resting areas where you can stop, sit and take a break. It took me 14-minutes to walk to the top and it took me much longer to walk back down to the Gift Shop.

The Gift Shop is quite large and has a wide variety of items for sale. There are also rest rooms.

Here we go, up the 170 steps to the top.

At the bottom of the steps is a large likeness of the famous lumberjack Paul Bunyon, and his companion, Babe the Blue Ox.






One last 'wave back' at Patti who decided to pass on the walk up and to quietly rest on the bench.


To the right in the photo below is the beginning of the steps UP to the top.



"Did I bite off more than I can chew here?" I thought silently to myself as I looked up the first flight of steps.


This first rest stop sure looked good to me.


Good news. There is another rest stop up ahead.



Below we are about to walk up the last of the 170 steps.



The final walk to the top.




My first glimpse of 'The View' from the top of Castle Rock.


Whew! I made it all the way up!

In the distance is Mackinac Island.



We are looking at Lake Huron above and below.


Interstate Highway 75, going North to the left and South to the right.



You are going to have to 'squint' to see her, but Patti is waving up at me in the below photo.


Below we are looking Northwest at the Sault Saint Marie Michigan State Forest area.


"Dad! Did you have to snap this view of me?" /s/ The Walk


Time to take a deep breath and head back down the 170 steps.


I knew you would be here waiting for me little rest station. So nice to see you again.


Down we proceed. Notice I-75 in the upper right below.


As I have been taught to do, I walked down backwards to ease the strain on my knees and spine.


I have actually completed this walk.


Was the walk up and back down ' worth the effort '. I can't answer that for you. It was very worthwhile for me and I am very happy that we stopped here at Castle Rock.

Smiles, Patti and Cap

No comments:

Post a Comment

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP