I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Sunday 21 July 2019

JUL 21, 19 .. IRKUTSK .. MINERAL MUSEUM

Irkutsk has a Mineral Museum that I visited and so I decided to share with you (who may be interested) some photos that I took there.

The Museum is across Lermontova Street from the Lermontov Shopping Mall. Patti and I became quite fond of this Mall and did some grocery shopping here.

In the below photo, it is impossible to see Patti, but Patti could look down from her location in the Food Court on the upper floor of the Mall and clearly see me down on the street.


Finding the Museum was a real challenge.

Below we see the entrance to the Mineral Museum. 


It was a real challenge because I walked past the entrance several times not recognizing it to be the Mineral Museum.



I was not-about to open the above foreboding gates!

Further finding the Museum was difficult because it sits within a large complex of State and University Buildings. At least in my opinion, it is not clearly marked.

On my first effort to find the Museum, I finally gave-up on finding it and returned to the Lermontov Mall and Patti and I returned home.

Then I did some on-line research and returned. In spite of my on-line work, in spite of asking several people in the vicinity who tried to explain to me its location, again I was lost.

Meet Anastasia.


She was walking (in what I felt was the general vicinity of the Museum) when I (this was my last effort) got her attention and asked her about it.

In perfect English she said : "Yes I know where it is. I have worked there and I know some of the staff. I will take you there."

Up to the foreboding iron gates she walked.


She reached in, and opened the gates, and onward we two walked.

No Anastasia. 

No visit to the Mineral Museum.





And so my quest was about to be completed. 

You will find The Rest Of The Anastasia Story at the end of this Post.


There was a very small fee (U.S. $1.54) to enter and a second small fee (U.S. $2.31) to take photographs.


As you enter the Museum, the fees were collected by the lady at the table in the photo below.


Bless her, Anastasia stayed right at my side during my visit and explained many of the exhibits to me.

I politely kept-my-mouth-shut and I did not tell Anastasia that I have studied Geology and knew about geodes etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geode

As bad-luck would have it, my photos of some magnificent geodes all turned out poorly. 

























THE REST OF THE ANASTASIA STORY

As we left the Museum, I said goodbye to Anastasia and turned to go back to the Lermontov Shopping Mall and meet-up with Patti.

Anastasia remained fixed at my side. When we two were back at the Mall we two waved up to Patti. 

I called Patti and explained to Patti who the gorgeous young (19-year-old) lady with me was.


Then I said to Anastasia : "Would you like to meet my wife Patti?"

"Oh YES !!"


The three of us enjoyed some ice cream together and had quite a long and very pleasant visit.


Patti and I suspect that Anastasia was enjoying visiting in English with us.


Anastasia, Patti and Cap

No comments:

Post a Comment

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP