I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Sunday 7 March 2021

MAR 7, 21 .. OUR LOCAL SITKA STREET PARK .. THE CLIMBING ROCK

 Last Wednesday, the 3rd of March, we published an 84 photo Post showing our local Sitka Street Park. If you missed it, you can just scroll down to the bottom of this Post and there it will be.

In the Post, we named several prominent features of the park, The Picnic Pavilion, The Slide, The Climbing Rock and The Hill. We didn't quite give The Climbing Rock its due. We only showed it from a distance.

In the summer months, the children really seem to love The Climbing Rock. Some place in my photo archives, I am positive that I have photos of children climbing it and standing on top of it. I am simply not able to find them at this point in time.

So this afternoon I revisited the Park and focused my photographic endeavors on The Climbing Rock. You have already seen the first four photos below but we have included them again to make this a complete photo shoot of The Climbing Rock. 

There, to the right below, is The Climbing Rock.


In the next three photos, the poor Climbing Rock is just sitting in the distant background.




Now we are going to get up close and personal with The Climbing Rock. 


Now here is what I totally missed in last Wednesday's Post. I did not give any indication of its size. Keep in mind, with the exception of the Picnic Pavilion which hosts large family gatherings, The Sitka Street Park has been designed to serve the younger children. 

In the following photos, you can see from my cane (with my yellow cap upon its handle) that it is a large rock to the children ages 5 to 10 years.

My cane measures 36-inches from the handle to the ground. 


As we walk around The Climbing Rock, you can see in the below photos, this is the side upon which the children embark upon their climb.

The final photo below really shows you how the children can get themselves up to the top of the rock.


We will conclude with this observation, Patti and I have often said to one another, "If that five / six / seven year old was our child, they would not be standing at the top of The Climbing Rock!"

Smiling .. Cap and Patti

No comments:

Post a Comment

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP