Over the past four some years, while visiting Phoenix, Arizona, and the Mayo Clinic, we have gotten to know several very good and close friends down here. Loran and Gard are two of our closest and best Phoenix friends and associates.
We have shown, here on our blogspot website, more than a few photos in several Posts of their amazing front and back yards.
To say that Gard and Loran are 'into' cactus plants is a vast understatement. For the past thirty plus years they cultivated their own Desert Botanical Garden at their home !!
During our most recent visit, they asked us if we had ever visited the famous Phoenix Desert Botanical Garden.
Now this is interesting. First our answer was no, we had never visited this famous Phoenix attraction. Next, Eva, one of our best friends in Anchorage asked Patti if we had ever visited the botanical gardens.
The stars aligned and the time had come for us to visit the Phoenix Botanical Garden. For all you may want to know about the garden, click onto the below two links.
When we told Gard and Loran that no we hadn't, they asked if we would like to visit the garden. We said yes. Then they produced two guest tickets for us that they had because they are active members of the organization.
You must call ahead to assure (because of Covid-19 protocols for social distancing and masks) you will be able to enter the garden and to sign up for a date and a time of entry.
The costs vary. I think a Senior Ticket is $22.95. General Admission is $29.95.
Our Disclaimer : IF (and it could be less) we saw as much as five percent (5%) of the Desert Botanical Garden, we did well. It is absolutely and it is positively immense. So IF you know the garden well, you will be shocked at the other ninety five (95%) percent of the garden that we were not able to see due to our limited walking abilities. YES they have electric powered buggies but we did not have a reservation for one of them. The parking area itself is immense and we had a bit of a walk from our handicapped parking place to the entry into the garden.
THE PHOENIX DESERT BOTANICAL GARDEN
Here we go with photos we snapped during our visit to the garden yesterday, Wednesday, the 31st of March 2021.
The first twenty seven (27) photos below were taken en route into the garden itself. As you look at them, you would believe that you were IN the garden.
We still are not yet into the garden proper. The next photos were snapped in the garden gift shop.
Back we now go walking toward the actual garden itself.
Now (I think, but don't any of you bet on it) we are about to enter the actual Desert Botanical Garden. Had we not said anything, all of you would have thought that we were IN the garden because of the beauty you've already enjoyed.