I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Wednesday 2 October 2024

OCT 2, 24 ( 1 / 2 ) .. AUTUMN IN ANCHORAGE 2024

We are having an interesting Autumn up here in Anchorage. It ranges from dark, rainy and wet days, to blazing sun and beautiful autumn leaves falling from our trees.




Our wonderful summer flowers on our back porch.

We wonder if the flowers are wondering about the Autumn change of weather.


Kathleen's Warrior Weed in the center of the above photo and in the next three photos below, is still thriving!




Patti has so enjoyed her Summer 2024 flowers!




Looking out across our back yard "Green Strip".



Notice how the leaves drift onto our back porch.


As a personal Thank You to Patti for all the help she is to me, I strive to keep our porch free of leaves. Patti really appreciates looking out onto a leaf free back porch as she enjoys her view.



Ginny asked if we get red leaves up here. No we do not. The below, close up photos, show our yellow and orange leaves.



-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

Hello. Good Morning. Look what we had here this morning!


Surprise! Patti and I were out and off to a medical appointment and..

We had to do some windshield ice scraping! 




Yes indeed! I finished the entire windshield before we headed to our medical appointment.


In his comment to this Post, Michael down in Lake Havasu City, Arizona wrote .. "I can visualize my lanky friend Cap, up on his tippee-toes, stretching himself across the hood of the Suburban to reach even midway!"  


As you can see in the above photo, I can very easily reach the center of the windshield with my hand held ice scraper.

I also have a long handled ice scraper.


Cap and Patti

4 comments:

  1. Michael and Little Bit3 October 2024 at 13:10

    Wowsa! Such a rich, thick organic carpet of leaves and golden colors!! Nature and it's dependents, us...and specifially the trees have this ancient wisdom to stop producing chlorophyll since the leaves on most periodic plants don't produce anti-freeze to protect the same. That's why the multitude of pines bloom year-round. I know this all sounds too simplistic, but when I lived in Wasilla on my humble lil 'DeGrasse's Green Acre' I would come home multiple x's during summer all the way through autumn until the first snow and freeze and would fire up the ol' lawn tracker (3 bagger collection bins) and vacuum and vacuum and vac......and each time drive by the mulch pit and pour each container onto the already mulched TON of organic debris. It's amazing that deep within those bigger mulch piles that the heat generated from the decomposition and weight of whatever organic debris is piled on top will continue the continuous cycle of breaking down all of the organic matter into a wholesome, rich, loamy fertilizer. Occasionally, while turning over the ton of mulch I would stumble across some pretty tantalizing mushrooms. My dedication to my sobriety was always at the forefront. I dared not, cared not whether they were edible or the 'magic' variety! lol
    Regarding the ice on your windshield... I can visualize my lanky friend Cap up on his tippee-toes, emasculating himself across the hood of the surburban to reach even midway!! Oh, of course you have a scrapper with extra long handles, eh? lol I'm told that in sobriety that we are encouraged to be grateful for all that 'the present' brings to us. Well, let me tell you, after 21yrs of shoveling, blowing snow and scrapping ice there are some things I lost my love of..... lol
    Peace Out, my beautiful Cap and Patti!
    We'll be seeing ya'll soon! Have a Truly Blessed Day!!
    Michael and Little Bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for yet .. Another.. Absolutely.. Amazing.. Comment.. Michael. Where to begin to reply?

      I shall begin at the end of your comment Michael where you wrote .. .. "Well, let me tell you, after 21yrs of shoveling, blowing snow and scrapping ice there are some things I lost my love of..... lol" .. .. Exactly! Precisely! That is why the two of us "winter" down in your sunny climes of Arizona from November into late April or even early May. Of course, being born in, and raised in Michigan' I may have a few more years of winter experience in my portfolio! Perhaps the worst of the severe winter issues up here is when your car doors freeze shut and you can't even get into your vehicle. To beat this people put automatic starters in their vehicle so they can start their engines up and warm the interior up so the doors unfreeze and they can get inside. My favorite trick is to insert double layers of wax paper between the car doors and the door frames. It really prevents them from freezing shut. Enough winter chit chat. By the way I have, but seldom use, long handled ice scrapers because I can reach the center of the windshield standing beside the truck with hand held ice scrapers. BUT on October the 1st! Come on Mother Nature!

      So happy you enjoyed the Autumn Colors Michael. Yes, the wonders of Mother Nature! Far from being too simplistic, your comments about the ancient wisdom of Mother Nature are "spot on" Michael. I have never gotten into using the organic decomposition of leave to become rich, loamy, fertilizer. Yikes! Mushrooms? Happy I avoided them!

      Much, as in MUCH, Joy to you. The two of us are so looking forward to winter in Lake Havasu City, Arizona, with you Michael. Your Allies .. Cap and Patti.

      Delete
  2. Oh I do not miss scraping my windshield. I remember my first fall here in California when I realized I wouldn't have to scrape ice any more. I was elated. When I moved back to ND in 2005, my brother gave me some great advice: gasoline additive for my motorcycle tank and a trickle charger for it's battery; buy a snowblower; get an auto starter for your Jeep so it will be warmed up when it's parked outside during the day. All it was money well spent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In addition to the bother of scraping off the windshield ice Kathleen, during the winter up here, we often have the additional challenge of sometimes having 12 inches or more of snow on top of the hood and worse the roof. Thanks so very much for all of your support and for your very own "Warrior Weed" out back on our porch. Cap and Patti

      Delete

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP