I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Tuesday 6 January 2015

JAN 6, 15 .. HONG KONG .. CHEUNG CHAU ISLAND ..

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2015 !

It is good to be back here on blogspot with something new and entirely different to share with you all !

Hong Kong is many things.  

Hong Kong is a city .. THE City of Hong Kong.  

Hong Kong is an island .. THE Island of Hong Kong. The City of Hong Kong is on The Island of Hong Kong.

Hong Kong is also a very large Metropolitan Area. The greater Hong Kong Metro Area encompasses a relatively large land area AND also many islands.

In this Post I am going to share with you photographs that I snapped during two recent visits that I made to CHEUNG CHAU ISLAND.

My first visit was with friends and I was just overwhelmed by what I saw on Cheung Chau Island. I decided then-and-there that I must return alone and really do the island a little more photographic justice. 

The map below shows you where CHEUNG CHAU ISLAND is in relation to Hong Kong Island.


To get from Hong Kong to Cheung Chau you take a ferry from the ferry piers in the Hong Kong Central District (simply Central in the map above). You have a Fast Ferry (35-40 minutes transit time) and a Slow Ferry (55-60 minutes transit time).

The fare schedule varies by day-of-the week and time-of-day and class-of-service you choose.

In my humble opinion they are 'giving-away' the trip to encourage riders to visit the island.  I paid about 14 HKD ($1.82 U.S.) for a ROUND-TRIP. I feel IT IS A WONDERFUL PRICE DEAL! 


Below are several photos inside of the ferry.


These two photos were taken on the upper deck looking towards the back of the ferry.




Below looking forward at the upper deck from the back of the ferry. What would we all do without constant television news coverage!




This sweet young man could not take his eyes off me. He must have been thinking to himself .. 

"You sure look different from my parents! You are so tall. Where are you from?" .. Oh the inscrutable look of Asia. His parents were so pleased when I showed them the below photo.



Below is a photo of an Informational Display on Cheung Chau Island.


Some good information about Cheung Chau Island.



When I stepped off the ferry and began to mix-and-to-mingle with the crowd I thought .. 

"Where have you been Captain? It looks like everybody else .. in and around the Hong Kong Metro Area .. knows about Cheung Chau Island! Welcome to the party Captain. We have been anxiously awaiting your entrance!".












Below you will see a few photos of bicycles on Cheung Chau Island. More photos perhaps than you want to see. 

Did you just write above the words .. a FEW photos of bicycles on Cheung Chau Island Captain?

Are you ready? Here we go!




Bicycles are a BIG item on the island!







Too nifty huh?






The time has come the Walrus said to talk of many things .. so let's take a look at the ..

CHEUNG CHAU HARBOR ..

















And below we see one of the ferry boats that I rode on out to Cheung Chau Island from Hong Kong ..



Now I will show you some photos of the interior of the island away from the water. 


In the interior of the island it is truly a very calm and quiet and a very IDYLLIC place.












I snapped the above photo then I 'panned' my camera down and shot the below photo. 





A lot of pigs go straight to the market ..




On my first visit to the island .. a visit I made totally BECAUSE of wanting to join some friends to go to a place that I had never even heard of .. I enjoyed a nice lunch (see above) with my friends (see below).




On my second visit this past Sunday the 4th of January 2014 .. I happened to meet a small gaggle of new friends.



In all four of these photos I am squinting badly. I will watch out for that in future photos.



Well THAT IS THAT for Cheung Chau Island ! 

I really hope that you gained a new insight into Hong Kong by joining me as I made these two visits ! Visiting Cheung Chau Island sure was a great EYE-OPENER for me!

WAIT CAPTAIN !! 

AREN'T YOU FORGETTING TO SHOW SOME OTHER PHOTOS THAT YOU SNAPPED ON CHEUNG CHAU ISLAND CAPTAIN !!

Oh yes .. yes indeed .. there are some more views below ..

In the below photo .. in the small narrow section of the island .. can you see a YOU ARE HERE symbol ?



To the right is Tung Wan BAY and BEACH ..



The interior of the island has wonderful hiking trails.




Let's all have a look at the Tung Wan BEACH on Cheung Chau Island ..




The buildings you see across the water in the hazy distance are on Lamma Island ..










WOW ! WHAT AN ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL PLACE CHEUNG CHAU ISLAND IS!

MUCH JOY .. Cap ..

A question for Patti .. Do you think that maybe .. just maybe .. I can 'lure' you away from Hong Kong for a day or two with an overnight stay possible on Cheung Chau Island?

6 comments:

  1. I am in for a night or two on Cheung Chau Island. It looks absolutely charming!!! Love, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. It truly is charming especially when you get away from the busy-ness and the crowds and find the quiet by-ways that I found on my second visit. Thanks for looking this Post over. I well imagine a mid-week reservation would be very easy to set up and it would be very nice to just amble around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It indeed looks lovely and much warmer than in the U.S. The quieter areas look very serene and peaceful. My kind of places!!

    Thank you so much for sharing the sights. Seeing everything through your eyes is an adventure I've never even dreamed of and now I'm receiving regular snapshots and narrative.

    Keep doing what you're doing, Cap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS much warmer than where YOU are in the U.S. ! Soon the warm weather will visit Hong Kong and with it comes HUMIDITY. It is serene and peaceful in the quiet interior of the island.

      So happy you enjoyed this Post Shaddy. The whole point of this website is to show people who may NEVER visit places I am fortunate to visit what they look like. Smiles .. Cap ..

      Delete
  4. Hello Cap Sir, nice to see all these beautiful images. Your post is incredible. Keep enjoying and rejoicing. Peace be yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Raj .. I still plan to come to India later in the Spring and will look forward to seeing you then Raj .. Cheerio ..

      Delete

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP