I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Monday 18 May 2015

MAY 18, 15 .. THE TRAIN FROM NEW DELHI TO AGRA CANTT

And the world turns! Time waits for no one!

Tuesday May 12th I flew from Hong Kong China to New Delhi India arriving into New Delhi in the 'wee-hours' of the morning May 13th. 

I spent two days in New Delhi to get my India Vodafone Cell Phone service re-established. On Friday May the 15th I rode the Indian Railways express train .. The Shatabdi Express .. from New Delhi South to Agra Cantt to visit a friend of twenty four (24) plus years Jeevan Lal. Twenty Four years and counting! Talk about time flying!

Below I am going to show you photos of the trip South. NO! Many are not particularly .. what you would call .. scenic. But they are what they are. Many of you will never in this lifetime look out the windows of an Indian train to view what you will view below.

First I had to get to New Delhi Railway Station (NDRS). My train actually left at 0600 Hours (6AM) in the dark of an early May 15th morning so I did my photo shoot of the NDRS the afternoon before. There is no way I am  going to shoot photos while carrying my back pack .. my brief case .. and my suitcase!


Some things in India never seem to change! What is that I see in front of the cart? Do you see the NDRS sign in the upper left below?



So I dashed ahead of the cart to capture it in more detail.



It amazed me how fast he was moving!



The Main Entry Gate to the NDRS.


As I love the Chinese characters .. I also love the Hindi characters.


Looking back from under the sign at the Pahar Ganj District of New Delhi where my hotel is located.



Looking back at the other side of the above NDRS entryway. The men dressed in red to the right in the below photo are baggage porters. It is absolutely amazing the weight they can carry on their heads!


Continuing forward into the NDRS.




Many types of taxis.



Continuing into the NDRS.



A nice photo of the The New Delhi Railway Station (NDRS).



In the above photo the yellow and green three-wheeler is an Auto Rickshaw. Too many to count in New Delhi!

The time has come .. Friday Morning May 15th aboard the Shatabdi Express train.


The Shatabdi Express is one of several top premier trains in India. Fully air conditioned. The cost one way down was IRS 415 (Indian Rupees) or US$ 6.53 and included breakfast and other refreshments. I get a handsome senior discount of 30%!


We are rolling South to Agra Cantt. 

I want to apologize to you for the ordinariness of the photos but the scene out the window is what it is! And I can NOT change what is!


















I said above the trip came with breakfast. I personally LOVE eating on the Indian Trains!


A very nice Masala Omelette with toast and excellent butter. Snacks were served earlier.


Several photos of a non-premier train in a station.



FIRST AC (Air Conditioned) is as good as it gets on an Indian Railways train!



Notice in the Second Class car below people are jammed in and hanging out the doorways for air.



I have arrived into Agra Cantt.  As I wrote above at the beginning .. When I am handling my baggage I do NOT do many photos. I MUST keep my mind on my belongings!



I am riding with a Bicycle Rickshaw man.



WHEW! THERE YOU HAVE IT! MY FIRST INDIAN RAILWAYS TRIP IN OVER TWO YEARS.

Much Joy .. Cap .. 

WELL CAPTAIN .. IT LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE GOTTEN IT TOGETHER ONE MORE TIME!



4 comments:

  1. Great to see the "ordinary" pictures of the scenery from New Delhi to Agra ... exactly the way I remember it. I had to chuckle also at the people hanging out the doors of the economy train ... that certainly looks familiar too! Glad you do not take your eyes and hands off your belongings (suitcase, backpack, briefcase) to take pictures while you are out in and amongst a lot of people. Savor Agra for me! Love, Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy some of the above 'sights' along the way brought back some memories of YOUR India circa the early months of 1996 .. Frankly not much has changed has it? .. I am trying to savor Agra but will be happy to get back to New Delhi for a refresher from this heat .. Love ..

      Delete
  2. Yay! You're in your beloved India, safe and sound. It must be at least a little bit of an adjustment to go from the glamour of Hong Kong to the humility in India.

    Can't wait for more,
    Shaddy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. India is such a paradox .. A mile from me here in Agra are hotels with 5-star ratings that cost a fortune .. That too is India but certainly not with any humility or really any appreciation for what they have to offer their wealthy guests .. It is not possible to capture India in words .. At least that is my experience .. Joy to you Shaddy ..

      Delete

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP