I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Wednesday 14 March 2018

MAR 14, 18 .. CACTUS LEAGUE BASEBALL, PHOENIX, ARIZONA - PEORIA SPORTS COMPLEX

In the United States, each year, in preparation for the Major League Baseball (MLB) season, each team begins it's season with a one month (give or take a few days) series of practice games. 

The Cactus League schedule here in Phoenix, Arizona, began on February the 21st and its season concludes on March the 27th.

The Grapefruit League is the other Major League Spring Training League and it is located in the State of Florida. The Grapefruit League has fifteen (15) teams that play in fifteen (15) stadiums.

Here in the greater Phoenix Metropolitan Area, there are no less than ten (10) Cactus League baseball parks serving no less than fifteen (15) MLB teams. 

Detroit Tiger Tom and Ginny asked me to join them in a game or two. Luckily I had an open day this past Wednesday, free from the medical appointments that I have at the Mayo Clinic.

So, with no further adieu, have a look at the :

PEORIA Arizona SPORTS COMPLEX. 

The Arizona home of the San Diego California Padres and the Seattle Washington Mariners.

We just visited Camelback Ranch for an afternoon game between the Cincinnati Reds and the Chicago White Sox.

Tonight, enjoying the wonderful, the magnificent, the phenomenal evening dessert cool air, we are going to see the Seattle Mariners play the Oakland California Athletics.

Hot Diggety Dog. 

THANKS Detroit Tiger Tom and Ginny for asking me to join you two. I am so sorry that Patti's spine will not comfortably tolerate sitting in the ballpark with us tonight.




A look at the above entrance as viewed from inside of the stadium looking back out at the parking lot.


Tickets, tickets, we need to buy our tickets.





I, your very own Captain, did it to myself. 

I Coulda / I Shoulda / I Woulda done it differently or stopped mid-stream and said, "Wait. Hold it. Let's begain again."

Alas Alak I didn't. I just asked for tickets in Section 116 behind first base NOT on the playing field level. I got exactly, precisely what I asked for.

This afternoon, at Camelback Ranch Stadium, Detroit Tiger Tom paid twelve ($12) dollars each for our tickets. Tonight here at the Peoria Sports Complex I paid thirty ($30) dollars each for our tickets ($93 with tax added). 


Below is our view from our pricey, thirty ($30) dollar seats at the Peoria Sports Complex Stadium.



Below is our view from our budget, twelve ($12) dollar seats earlier this afternoon over at Camelback Ranch Stadium.



"Captain Oh Captain. There is one sucker born each and every moment. This time it was you Captain."

What really hurts is the simple fact that I do NOT sit in a seat for most of a game. NO. I walk around shooting photos. A five ($5) dollar standing room space is all I ever need.

"What's that Peyton Manning." .. "Cap, it's what I do."

Time to do what it is I do. Take a little stroll all around the ball park.





Now we will walk towards third base and then on out into left field.





The left field Bull Pen for the relief pitchers to warm up when needed in the ball game.



Now we are viewing left-center field.



As I was walking around the stadium, I passed a lot of interesting attractions within the stadium itself.


A stunning pleasant seating area.

"What's that you say?" .. "Sir. YOU are not really authorized to be here in this area.



"This area Sir is for the wealthy people from Scottsdale."

NO! 

I did NOT have the above conversation with anyone. I just imagined it inside of my active brain.

Below you are looking inside of The Press Box.


This Stadium is in Peoria. Peoria borders on being a working-class city. It looks like their stadium must have been designed for Scottsdale residents.





Isn't the below minature baseball field for the children absolutely priceless!


I feel like a time and space traveler visiting an advanced civilization.




A ship for the Seattle Mariners!



More fun for the children.



The scoreboard is certainly of Big League quality.





You do not see baseball fans sitting on the grass in the outfield in Major League stadiums. This is a very nice aspect of Cactus League stadiums.








Back to views of the ball field. Below we are looking at left-center field.





The right field Bull Pen.



Looking down the right field foul line towards 1st base.





We have now come-full-circle to where we began our little walk around the Peoria Sports Complex stadium.


Good Night Peoria Sports Complex.


"Captain! Who won the game?" .. 


"Who cares." .. 

"Just answer the question Captain." .. 

"With 5 runs in the top of the 6th inning and another 2 runs in the top of the 8th inning, the Oakland Athletics beat the Seattle Mariners by the score of 7 - 3."

No comments:

Post a Comment

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP