I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Thursday 7 March 2019

MAR 7, 19 (Part 1 of 2) .. KOREAN WAR .. MEMORIAL HALL FOR THE INCHEON LANDING OPERATION


When the Korean War erupted on June the 25th of 1950, I was age 13 and was about to enter High School. I vividly remember that the United States was at war over in a country called Korea. 

That same summer of 1950, I visited a friend's summer home. His father had been a member of the United States Marine Corps during WWII. This is germane because, beginning with the Incheon Korea amphibious landing on September 15th 1950, the Marine Corps was active in the Korean War. So I overheard discussions my friend's father had with his wife about the Korean War and the Marine Corps being involved.


Having been a U.S. Marine, I visited various Korean War Memorial sites during two recent visits to South Korea. Because of my visits, the Korean War has become very vivid to me.

This post (Part 1 of 2) shows photos that I snapped inside of the interior of The Memorial Hall for the Incheon Landing Operation, located in Osan, South Korea.

Part 2 of 2 that follows this post will show photos that I snapped of the exterior displays.


If you turn to the right at the below sign, in an earlier Post I showed you the Incheon Metropolitan City Museum.

http://bobbacaps.blogspot.com/2019/02/feb-20-19-incheon-south-korea.html

Now we are going to turn left and proceed to the Memorial Hall for the Incheon Landing Operation.




This Post focuses almost entirely on the interior of the building designated as attraction number 3 below. I also show four photos of the statue that is attraction number 1.


The below plaque sets-the-tone of the museum.



The Incheon Amphibious Landing of September 15th 1950 was staged at three principal locations in Japan. In addition troops were also brought up from Pusan at the tip of Korea.


Below in black and white : The 1st Division of the United States Marine Corps was the landing force that came ashore at Incheon.


Following this Post, in Part 2 of 2, I show some photos of the Marine Corps displays. In the summer of 1958, I served briefly in the 1st Division.









Inside of the Memorial Hall we now walk.

























I did not ever see combat but from military exercises while in the Marine Corps I know what it feels like to ride in a Landing Craft Vehicle Personnel (LCVP) or Peter Boat shown below.


The time has come to say farewell to the Memorial Hall for the Incheon Landing Operation.


Please scroll down to Part 2 of 2 following this Post.

I hope that you take something from my visit. It was a very intense visit for me.

Semper Fidelis .. Cap

No comments:

Post a Comment

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP