I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Thursday 16 December 2021

DEC 16, 21 .. GOOD BYE BOB .. I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE GONE ..

What you are about to read is, at age 85 years, a lifetime first ever. The loss of a friend who dates back with me to age 5 years. 

I was born September 5th 1936. On the next street over from my street, Bob was born August 30, 1936. In reality, we two were 'litter mates'. There was a third 'litter mate', Ed Baldwin who was born August 17, 1936. 

Bob and I were 'only' childen. Ed had four bothers and sisters. Maybe the two of us being only children was why Bob and I 'bonded' so closely.

The three of us attended Elementary School (Kindergarten through 6th grade), Junior High School and finally Senior High School together.

This past August of 2021 Bob, his usual joyous and mischievous self, sent me the below photo on his birthday.


If you click onto the below link, you can see a Post that I published on AUG 31, 21 about Bob's 85th birthday.

http://bobbacaps.blogspot.com/search/label/Bob%27s%20Birthday%202021

Yesterday I received an email from Bob's wife .. with words that I will never forget .. I was, I still am, stunned.

I have very sad news . Oct 2nd Bob died at our cabin in northern WI. It was very unexpected. He had a mitral valve problem but was doing very well on his medication. The coroner said he probably had a heart attack. I found him in the morning when I got up, laying on the porch floor. 

I was, I still am, stunned. Bob and I dated back to our very first day in Kindergarten! Bob goes back to my earliest memories. For all of my life to date, Bob has been 'out there' somewhere for me.

Some (decades ago) I was on a United Airlines flight when Captain Bob Kelly came on the intercom and did what airline Captains do, in their calm and measured voices, introduced himself and gave his passengers details of the flight. 

I wrote the Captain a note and handed it to a flight attendant (keep in mind this was probably back in the 1980's so 911 had not changed our lives yet) asking her to hand it to Captain Kelly.

In my note I said to Captain Kelly .. "Was your mother named Edith and you father named Harold and your aunt named Evey? And you grew up on Roseland Avenue in Royal Oak, Michigan!"

In short order (and I mean in a New York Minute) Captain Kelly made his way from the cockpit and, led by the flight attendant, came to my seat wondering who on the earth I was . Of course when he saw me we both had a great laugh.

And now? Gone forever from this lifetime. A friend I have known for my entire lifetime.

Of course I can say that about my parents, grandparents, and other relatives that dated back to my earliest memories BUT something about losing Bob is different and I can't explain it.

We all do things with our friends that surpass experiences with our adult relatives. The things Bob and I did together. From sharing school experiences to Boy Scouts to walking a mile to school together, in the Michigan winters, during the WWII years and Mr. Stewart's garden and this list could go on and on.

I was eagerly looking forward to seeing Bob this upcoming April of 2022 when Patti and I will be in our home town in Royal Oak in the Detroit metro area. We were planning to see Bob and his wife (in Illinois) en route up from Arizona.

Has anybody here seen Kelly..

K  E  double L  Y..

Has anybody here seen Kelly..

Kelly from the Emerald Isle!

I sure am going to miss you Bob.

Your Lifetime Ally .. Cap

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Gullible for your kind words. I am still processing the fact that he is now gone from this lifetime. Whew ! Cap

      Delete
  2. Cap, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. And even sorrier that you won't be able to see him in the spring. My condolences.
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathleen for following us and for leaving a comment with your condolences. I find my reaction to Bob's passing surprising in that, at age 85, I have already lost some important people in my life (starting with both of my parents) and did not have the same feelings of loss that I am having with Bob's passing. Again thanks for your support. Cap

      Delete

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP