I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Wednesday 7 September 2022

SEP 7, 22 .. (1/5) BACK IN TIME WE GO TO APRIL OF 2013 .. TO REVISIT OOTY, A CITY IN TAMIL NADU, SOUTH INDIA

I visited Ooty the last full week during April of 2013. Ooty's official name is Udhagamandalam. It is also known as Ootacamund. Ooty is also abbreviated as Udhagai. 

I love it! Only in India do you have four fifferent names (Ooty, Udhagamandalam, Ootacamund, and Udhagai) for the same city!





I find it interesting, with covid and the years that have now passed since I was actively traveling in India, sometimes I forget that for two plus decades, going all the way back to 1990, India was one of my first loves in term of International travel.

If you want to overwhelm yourself with information about Ooty, please click onto the below link and visit our friends at Wikipedia!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ooty

Back on Monday, April 22nd of 2013, when our friend Linda, who lives in Florida, read on babakaps.net that I was going to Ooty, Linda emailed me, "Cap I can't wait to see what Ooty looks like!"

So YOU Linda, because you were so excited back in late April of 2013 about seeing Ooty, were our inspiration for this post re-visiting Ooty! Patti and I dedicate this post to you.

- - - - - - - - 

To get to Ooty, I traveled from Kodikanal through some mountains by bus. Oh My what a trip that was!

A very nice, First Class, bus!


Oh the twists.. Oh the turns.. Often we had to stop in the middle of a turn, back up, go forward, and repeat it to get around the hairpin curves. Our trip began on very nice roads.


Then came the mountains!!



And YES indeed, as you can see above, there was traffic on the road. Nicely landscaped!



And then we had some very narrow sections of the road like you see below.


For the life of me, I can't remember how we passed one another! But here I sit, safe and sound, home in Alaska on September the 7th 2022!

Now, IF you would like a look at my hotel room in Ooty, please click onto the below link:

http://bobbacaps.blogspot.com/2013/04/apr-23-13-my-hotel-in-ootacamund.html

Well there you have a look back at Ooty. We plan to publish another Ooty revisit to include some of the nearby areas. 

Cap and Patti who never visited Ooty except with me virtually here online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP