I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Friday 16 June 2023

JUN 16, 23 (1/2) .. WHEN .. WHAT TO OUR WONDERING EYES SHOULD APPEAR .. WILD CRANES

Prologue : I want to thank two of our friends who greatly helped me with these two Posts. Gullible, who is almost a "professional birder" and Linda in Florida, who sent me the link I am including in this Post. Gullible said we were really lucky to see them so closely.

In my "minds eye", a Crane is a very large piece of construction machinery!

In her 60 years of living here in Anchorage, Alaska, this was Patti's very first ever Crane sighting here.

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

Let's start out here with a very common generalization : Where on Earth does the time fly away to?

It seems like "Yesterday" but it was last Saturday, June the 10th, when Patti and I were out in front of our Condo, getting into our truck to do some shopping, when Patti very animatedly said to me.. 

"Cap! Quick! Look at the lawn!"

I did! Then I immediately grabbed my smart phone and began to "capture" two, wild, Sandhill Cranes. One was calmly (and I mean CALMLY) strolling our way. You can see the second Crane in the background.


Onward the "Leader of the Pack of Two Cranes" continued towards me.


These were not long-lens telephoto photos! Oh No! This chap was actually this close to me. I wished that I had something to hold out to him.



The up-close Crane, being far more aggressive (I am assuming the Crane in the background is his female mate) seems very curious about who I am, and what am I doing in his world?



The leader had absolutely, positively, no apparent fear or any discomfort as I was snapping away photographing him. The other Crane was quite happy to remain in the background.
 

Out onto the pavement he strolled.


Rather "brazen" (bold and without shame) of you Mate!

Behind him, his mate was keeping tabs on the surroundings.



Right out into the street his mate strolled.


Then she looped around and very sprightly caught up with him!


And? The time had come for Patti and me to move into our day and take leave of our wild, Sandhill Cranes. 

Below is the link that Linda in Florida sent for us all to enjoy.

https://www.audubon.org/field-guide/bird/sandhill-crane

Thanks so very much Linda.

Again, Gullible, thanks for your coaching me on this adventure.

Smiles,

Cap and Patti and we presume the Sandhill Cranes!

Please continue down to see Part 2 of 2.


No comments:

Post a Comment

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP