I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Wednesday 21 December 2011

DEC 21, 11 .. GOA .. PERNEM RAILWAY STATION

On my other web site .. http://babakaps.net .. December 20th and 21st.. 2011 .. I have written an extensive pair of posts about my scheduled departure for New Delhi from Arambol Beach on January the 4th, 2012 .. two weeks from today .. and getting from Arambol Beach to neighboring Pernem ( 'Pair' nem is how you say it) .. the below photos are of the Pernem Railway Station ..
As you can see .. the Pernem Railway Station is a REAL facility  not just a ' whistle stop ' !
I love the Hindi symbols.. you know them or you don't know them .. there is no 'faking' it ..
The next two photos are of the platform .. I walked it from one end to the other .. and back .. I counted my paces .. each way each trip .. and with pad and pencil wrote them down .. a vertical slash mark for each one hundred paces .. 
Then I averaged my two totals .. 650 paces .. multiplied by my estimated length of pace of 2.75-feet .. and came up with a total of 0.33 miles (1/3-mile) for the length of the platform .. this computes well with the length of a train coach being approximately ninety (90) feet each .. it is a LONG PLATFORM .. 
They are hard to see on the left side of the above two photos.. if you look closely and squint you can make out the number 10 on the left side above .. but on the right side of the photos you can clearly see the numbered signs on the posts that indicate the car number from the engine .. each side goes the other way so no matter which way the engine comes in .. you have an accurate count from the engine .. my sign is 16 going north and on its back it reads 6 going south ..keep in mind the temperature is in the 90s and I am out in the hot blazing sun .. and I had walked the platform from end to end and back for a total of about two-thirds of a mile .. I meant to take a close-up photo of my sign number 16 but somehow the thought got away from me ..
This is the engine pulling train number 12449 today for New Delhi.. on the left side of the photo on an adjoining track is the Radjhani Express coming south from New Delhi heading for Margao ..
On the side of each coach is a train identifying sign .. and this is indeed my train .. Hazrat Nizamuddin is the station it goes to in New Delhi (NOT the New Delhi Main Railway Station) .. and Madgaon is the older and traditional name for Margao .. its number is indeed .. 12449 going northbound .. the silver is its roof and the blue is the beautiful Goan BLUE sky ..

No comments:

Post a Comment

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP