I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Wednesday 13 March 2019

MAR 13, 19 .. THE WAR MEMORIAL OF KOREA

Terry, just in case you and Kathy are following along here, I want to Thank You So Very Much for telling me about The War Memorial of Korea and then taking me there and showing me around.

While in Seoul, South Korea, I had the opportunity, and yes I consider it to have been an honor, to visit three of the Korean War memorials in the Greater Seoul Metro Area that provided me with some real insights into the Korean War that began on June the 25th 1950.

I have previously published two posts here on blogspot showing the UN FORCES FIRST BATTLE MEMORIAL and THE MEMORIAL HALL OF THE INCHEON LANDING OPERATION.

This post will show photos of THE WAR MEMORIAL OF KOREA located in Seoul, South Korea.

The War Memorial of Korea here in Seoul is easily, far-and-away, the largest of the three Korean War memorials that I have seen and visited. It is absolutely enormous. To do it justice, a visit would take a full day and even that would be a push. I feel that I saw perhaps 40% of it and that was accomplished during two separate visits that were several days apart.


The below photo really shows you how large the grounds of the war memorial are. 


In the lower foreground of the above photo, you can see a tall, dark colored, stone monument. To either side of it are statues of fighting soldiers. 

I don't know what to call the vertical stone monument. In the photo above, you can see it in the lower foreground. In the below photo, IF you look really closely, at its base you can see statues of fighting soldiers.



Below are photos of the fighting soldier statues.







The below photo of a soldier comforting a child-of-war is very touching.




Now we will enter the main building.





A photo of an orientation map of the lower level of the main building.



Three floors. It IS enormous.














There were a lot of visitors but the memorial was not crowded.



Pick an adjective : Spotless. Immaculate. Gleaming.




Terry, my host, in the blue jacket. Again Terry .. THANKS.























May all of you who gave your very lives rest in peace.







Below are photos of an entrance to the memorial that was closed to the public when I visited the site.





Goodbye and a fond farewell to the War Memorial of Korea.


As I said as I began this post, it was an honor to have visited these three war memorials.

Cap .. USMC and USN

No comments:

Post a Comment

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP