I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Friday 25 November 2011

NOV 24, 11 Part 4 of 4 .. GOA .. ARAMBOL BEACH .. YUM-M-M ..

HAPPY THANKSGIVING..  TODAY I WAS VERY THANKFUL FOR MY SIMPLE .. YET ELEGANT .. THANKSGIVING DINNER ..


In the below photo.. you have two plates of food.. so let me begin with the simple plate.. the plate on the left contains two (2) pieces of German Bread .. baked by German people who own the lodgings and the restaurant .. Magic Park .. the lodgings are ' huts ' and I mean literally .. ' huts ' .. let me assure you this is REAL German Bread .. wonderful .. let me digress a tad .. European tourists VASTLY IMPROVE the neighborhood .. and Arambol Beach is loaded with them .. they demand the best and they get the best .. 
 
Now to the plate of food on the right above .. again I will start with simple.. in the lower foreground you have a nicely shaped ' bowl ' of white rice with a ' sprig ' of parsley .. I start with the ' sprig ' of parsley for digestive reasons .. now to the left of the plain white rice you have a serving of an Indian Spice known as ' pickled lime ' .. I swear that I would NEVER EVER have thought that I would develop a taste for ' pickled lime ' .. but.. thanks ONLY to this restaurant.. Magic Park.. and the fact their ' pickled lime ' is home made and fresh .. I actually have come to enjoy it to the point I lick the plate clean of its residue ..  it thinks it is spicy and hot.. YOU would agree.. but I KNOW it is just pretending ..


OK to the two bowls at the top of the right plate .. the left bowl contains Indian Dal .. a thick soup like dish that is a staple of all Indian meals .. it is made with lentils in a soup base .. probably chicken broth .. it is mildly spicy .. and good Dal is great with mixed with or put over plain white rice .. I put the rice into the bowl of Dal and mix it up in stages as I eat it ..


Lastly you come to the right bowl.. this contains vegetable curry .. it is loaded with vegetables.. green peppers, onions, potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, cauliflower and green beans in a soup base with the spice curry used to season it.. again.. this vegetable curry is quite mild ..
You all KNEW this above picture was coming didn't you.. the waiters just roll their eyes when they ask me.. "Sir.. are you finished ?" .. I estimate the bowls are from 8 to 10 ounces in size.. the total cost of the meal INCLUDING a generous 20% gratuity comes to four dollars and thirty two cents ($4.32) translated to one hundred and ninety (190 Rs) India Rupees .. of the total.. the two slices of german bread are  25% costing 20 Rs each piece.. the Dal.. the Curry.. and the Rice each cost 40 Rs (forty Indian Rupees) and one U.S. Dollar contains 44 Indian Rupees .. there you have my THANKSGIVING DINNER IN ARAMBOL BEACH IN GOA IN INDIA.. I am truly thankful ..   

Cap

No comments:

Post a Comment

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP