I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Saturday 26 December 2020

DEC 26, 20 .. SEPTEMBER 2020 (7 of 12) VISIT TO MANLEY HOT SPRINGS, ALASKA

By now, those of you who have been following along here on our September 2020 visit to our Cabin in Manley Hot Springs, realize that we have three structures on our property.

The below photos, looking up the driveway into our property,  show these three structures.

The cabin that we live in, is the furthest cabin up the driveway.


This post will focus entirely on (what we refer to as) our Front Cabin. 

The Front Cabin is on the left side of the below photo.


The Front Cabin again is on the left of the below two photos.


Below are photos showing other sides of the Front Cabin.





The below two photos of the Front Cabin from a distance gives you a 'feel' for the property surrounding our cabin.



Now for a short story. Back some years ago, after I purchased this property, and for some many years thereafter, this Front Cabin was used only as a storage building.

One extremely cold night (and I mean cold, perhaps minus 50°F), I was up at the post office. I mean it was really cold. A man came up to me and told me that his snow machine had malfunctioned and he desperately needed a place to spend the night. 

What to do? I did not want to house him at my place because I could smell that he had been drinking heavily and I did not trust his behaviour. On the other hand how could I refuse him? Would I just walk away from him? Ignore him? 

This I could not do. So I walked across the road to the cabin owned by Bob, the owner of the Post Office and Community Store. Bob had lived in Manley for many (I mean MANY) years and I presented the visitor to him. And? Bob took the man in for the night and assisted him the next morning. I will say this, Bob was a very big (as in physically BIG) man. 

When Bob died suddenly some years later, at his funeral I got up and told this story of how Bob had perhaps saved this man's life and in so doing, saved me a great deal of personal angst.

And? I vowed this would never again happen to me. What did I do? I put a wood burning stove into the Front Cabin. Had this situation ever happened again, I would have happily housed any visitor in the Front Cabin, no matter his condition.

And? You do something really good in the universe, and sure enough, you yourself benefit.

Patti and I love to fire up the wood stove in the Front Cabin and just while-away cold evenings roasty, toasty warm.

We have the facilities necessary to do the deal. You need to manufacture the necessary kindling.

When you're working around fire, a pair of welder's gloves are invaluable to protect your hands.


You begin with some newspaper and some kindling wood.



Then you light the newspaper.



And? Volia! A roaring fire.


The fire felt just great as it was at, or somewhat below, freezing (32°F) in mid-September. The water in the below bucket was frozen over.

Don't believe me? It supported my warm cap.

Step outside and you can see the smoke from the fire in the stove.



Let's take a another look inside now that the fire is going. By this time, it was dark outside.



A VERY contented Patti.


Ah yes dinner in the front cabin on our very hot wood stove.





Looks good-enough-to-eat.

We elevated our Zatarains Red Beans and Rice off the stove to let it cool just a little.


Oh yes! There is the clean-up necessary after you have finished your pleasant visit in front of the stove.




There is nothing quite like the experience and the enjoyment of a wood fire. 

And to think! Had I not installed the wood stove to assist some future traveller in need, I myself would have missed the entire adventure.

To Feel Good? Do Good!

Cap and Patti

No comments:

Post a Comment

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP