I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Sunday 15 January 2023

JAN 15, 23 (1/4) .. THE 12th ANNUAL HAVASU BALLOON FESTIVAL

One year ago, on January the 21st 2022, quite by accident, Patti and I discovered the annual Havasu Balloon Festival when, much to our surprise, we looked up in the sky from outside of our motel room here in Lake Havasu City, AZ, and saw Hot Air Balloons up in the sky.


What a fun time Patti and I had enjoying the hot air balloons last January.

Everyone entering the festival will receive a nice program.




This year the two of us signed in to be volunteers during the festival. I say the two of us. Technically I am the official volunteer. BUT, with Patti at my side all the way, she too is an invaluable-to-me volunteer.

Yesterday, January the 14th, we participated in our first volunteer activity. We signed-up at the official volunteer registration center here in Lake Havasu City.




Was it just a tad crazy inside? Yes! 

Parking was (in a word) impossible. So I dropped Patti off at the registration center and parked in the parking lot of a neighboring shopping mall and walked back to register. Patti took the initiative and got me signed in as I was parking.

I had absolutely no idea that I would be receiving a Volunteer T-Shirt !

Below are photos of my very nice Balloon Festival T-Shirt.

Notice anything?

Do you want weird !

Above you see weird! I appear to be 'armless'. 

So we re-shot the photo! Better huh ?


A close up of the logo on the front of my volunteer T-Shirt.


A close up photo of the small badge above the T-Shirt logo.

The back of the volunteer T-Shirt.


Very nice.

Below are several random photos of the area around the registration center. Lake Havasu City is one attractive place.

The London Bridge in Lake Havasu City.




This is the actual London Bridge that was disassembled in London, England and moved here to Lake Havasu City, Arizona.


I have two volunteer assignments. 

Both are next Saturday, January the 21st.

One of my assignments begins at 8:30am when I will assist with the 5K and 10K foot races giving runners water and other assistance.


My station will be in the below location. Since I have never done this I don't know precisely where I will be located.








My other volunteer assignment will be from 5pm to 8pm Saturday evening the 21st when I will be at the main entrance selling tickets for entry and checking to see if people entering have their wrist bands to confirm they have paid their $20 entrance fee into the festival.

For now, until next weekend, this will be it for my volunteering at the Havasu Balloon Festival.

Cap and Patti

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the chuckle. It was a literal "laugh out loud" moment when I looked back at your armless picture. Happy to see that your arms are intact. And I am looking forward to seeing pictures from the balloon festival if you have time and energy to fit that in. Safe travels to and from the Mayo Clinic this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so very VERY much for your comment Kathleen ! We so appreciate your support and comments. Happy you laughed out loud as you saw me with no arms. That was a hoot and a holler Kathleen. The Balloon Festival can be a hit or miss proposition. IF the wind is 8 miles per hour or more they don't fly. Last year they flew only one day .. Smiles .. Cap and Patti

    ReplyDelete

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP