I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Sunday 12 March 2023

MAR 12, 23 (2/2) .. THE DEUCE SHOW 2023 .. LAKE HAVASU CITY

And The World She Turns. 

It's only been seven (7) days, one short week, since I published Part 1 of The Deuce Show 2023 here in Lake Havasu City, Arizona, yet it seems like a "lifetime" ago. 

Just last Monday, March 6th, Patti and I learned that we had to make a sudden, and I mean "SUDDEN", trip back to the Mayo Clinic down in Phoenix. We left Tuesday the 7th and returned this past Thursday the 9th.  

Further, because I have been, to some degree, inactive here on this website that I call "Blogspot", I only published one single Post during this past February, many of you have not been visiting here regularly.

I published a Post dated  MAR 2, 23 showing the Northern Lights up in Alaska and on MAR 5, 23, Part 1 of this series of 2 Posts about The Deuce Show 2023. 

To save you some time, IF you have not yet seen Part 1/2, MAR 5, 23, please click onto the below link and look it over.

https://bobbacaps.blogspot.com/2023/03/mar-5-23-part-deuce-show-2023-lake.html

Now I am trying to figure out just where "I left off". Part 1 had fifty two (52) photos. I think that I have it figured out where "I left off" so here we go, onward to Part 2.

THE DEUCE SHOW 2023 .. LAKE HAVASU CITY


I have nicknamed the below car "The Indy Car" because it is somewhat similar to the Indianapolis Racing Cars of the 1940s and 1950s before the introduction of the modern era in 1965 when Scotland's Jim Clark won the race in his rear engine powered Lotus/Ford.

In fact I asked its owner : "Does it have an Offy in it."

I think that he replied : "No. It's a Buick Straight-8." 

In Indy Car Racing terms, an "Offy" is an Offenhauser Racing Engine, a racing engine design that dominated American open wheel racing for more than 50 years and is still popular among vintage sprint and midget car racers.


"Captain? Did Indy Cars have big headlights" 

"Of course not 'Zilla! I just wrote this vintage car is similar to the old time Indy Cars. It's not an exact replica!"


You get the idea!





Here we go! Up Up Up and Away!



"Nifty huh 'Zilla?"

Back we go to the Deuces and the Street Rods.

















"Cap, this is not a Deuce or a Street Rod!"


"Very Good 'Zilla. You're keeping up. This is a 'sweet tooth' place just for you!"

Where was I going when 'Zilla joined in here? Got it!








































And?

With one more photo ..


I will pronounce The Deuce Show 2023 coverage here on blogspot is now finished.

Patti and I hope you enjoyed a photo or two or maybe even three.

Cap


5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these pictures. Some beautiful machinery! I hope you are allowing recovery time from your mad dash to Phoenix.
    Kathleen Brady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heard in the rooms Kathleen .. Recovery is a process NOT an event. We are still very much in the process of recovering from our mad dash down to Phoenix and the Mayo Clinic. We are NOT yet recovered. Thanks for checking in here and leaving a message. It really means a lot to us. Cap and Patti

      Delete
  2. Even I recognized some of the 1950s and 1960s car. After that they all began to look alike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think of it this way Gullible. You are way ahead of the current and past generation or two or three when you can recognize some of the 1950s and 1960s cars. Smiles .. Cap and Patti

      Delete
  3. Sweet cars ,eh Cap + Patti ? Makes me homesick for the Woodward Dream Cruise !!

    ReplyDelete

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP