I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Wednesday 19 April 2023

APR 19, 23 (2/2) .. LAKE HAVASU CITY, ARIZONA .. 2023 HWY 95 RACE TRACK CAR SHOW

Here we are, back to the.. 

LAKE HAVASU CITY,  ARIZONA .. HWY 95 RACE TRACK CAR SHOW 2023

This is the third car show that I have visited during our time, over the years, down here in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. You may notice I use the singular. Due to the enormous amount of walking at any car show, Patti does not actively participate in them. 

As many of you know, Patti and I are, to some degree, "active in the local community". 

Guess what? When you are "active in the local community?" you meet, and make, friends.

Dale is one of our new friends. 


A year ago, last March of 2022, Dale and I were casually visiting one evening and I off-handedly mentioned to him that I had been out at the Havasu Deuce Show at Rotary Park on Saturday, March the 5th.

At my mention of the Deuce Show, Dale "kind of lit up" and he replied "Cap, I have a show-car of my own that I love to display. It was on display at the show." 

Now we come to the 2023 HWY 95 RACE TRACK CAR SHOW that you have already seen some of in Part 1 (please see the below link).

https://bobbacaps.blogspot.com/2023/04/apr-12-23-part-1-lake-havasu-city.html

IF I could go back a week, I would have started Part 1 as I am now starting Part 2.

So out and off I went to the 2023 HWY 95 RACE TRACK CAR SHOW with a mission. I went specifically "Looking for Dale's car."

I had told Dale that I was coming out to the show specifically to see his car. So he was "looking for me".

I immediately found out that I was dealing with finding the proverbial "needle in the haystack". I spent the better part of two hours looking for Dale and his car. 

Below are photos of the "haystack". It was an enormous show with something like 300 or more cars all over, and around, the 1/4-mile race track.







Here is the problem : 

First, it turned out that I did not know what I was looking for. I thought that Dale was showing a Deuce Coup.




Dale does not own a Deuce Coupe. He owns a 1930, Ford, Sedan.

Second : I "assumed" that Dale would physically be at, or at least close-by, his car.

It turned out that Dale himself is interested in the show and he was in the "crowd" looking at the cars and visiting with a myriad of friends. I never saw him as I was searching for him. 

IF I am one thing I am : A go to any length person to accomplish a mission.

Guess what? I finally called a mutual friend of ours and asked IF he had Dale's smart phone number. Bingo. He did!

I called Dale! Miracle of Miracles Dale answered his phone (first Dale does NOT know my phone number and second he is  generically a very busy man!).

"This is Cap. Dale where are you?" .. "Getting a free hot dog." .. "Where?" .. "In the infield of the race track. Just ask anyone Cap." Sure enough, he was easy to find and we then walked to his car. By the way, entry was free as were hot dogs and other fixings. 

And Now .. The rest of the story. 

Below are photos of Dale's beautifully restored, 1930, Ford Sedan.




You are looking at : Time and Money !! These show-cars are built lovingly, one piece at a time.



Now we will see a few more of the other cars on display.






By The Way, below is another vintage Ford Sedan.




Below is a real, traditional, Deuce Coupe.


The cars were leaving the venue.





Below is a real "low rider".




The Party's Over. Below is our last look at Dale's 1930, Ford Sedan and the low-rider you saw above and a good look at the 1/4-mile race track. Dale stayed right to the very end of the show.


Cap and Patti, both of us are totally enjoying our stay in Lake Havasu City, Arizona.


No comments:

Post a Comment

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP