I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Saturday 22 April 2023

APR 22, 23 (2/2) .. LAKE HAVASU CITY, ARIZONA .. THE BOAT SHOW

Yes, I know, I am repeating myself. BUT the fact is, many, maybe most of you, are not checking our website here each and every single day because you have a life, you are busy, and I am not publishing daily posts.

Yesterday I published Part 1 of this 2 Part series showing the 2023 Lake Havasu City, Arizona, Boat Show. If you haven't yet seen Part 1 and would like to review it, please click onto the below link. 

https://bobbacaps.blogspot.com/2023/04/apr-21-23-12-lake-havasu-city-arizona.html

I ended yesterdays Part 1 with the below photo of a very pleasant, blue and white, Cabana similar to others used by the Boat Show viewers to enjoy the show. 

Keep in mind that The Boat Show is basically one very grand, glorious, and fun party! It IS A Happening.

And I am pleased to report that I saw absolutely no inappropriate behavior whatsoever!

Au Contraire! I was invited to join in the fun. I accepted several invitations because I needed to sit and rest and I was given a bottle of water to drink.

Keep in mind that The Boat Show is basically one very grand, glorious, and fun party! It IS A Happening.

Here we go where we left of yesterday, walking slowly North up the banks of the Lake Havasu Bridgewater Channel towards the Lake Havasu City London Bridge.


There it is! The London Bridge.






A "High Tech" visitor with his "Drone" to snap overhead photos!

From this point forward, I have finished my visit to the Boat Show. 

I will now show some views of, and from, the famous Lake Havasu City London Bridge. The below link will provide you with some information about it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Bridge_(Lake_Havasu_City)



Now it is time for me to hike "up the steps" to get onto the above London Bridge Road.


Whewie! I made it all the way up!



The below photo looks down and to the right from the above photo.

There was a solid stream of traffic onto the island. Parking was "impossible" unless you got over to the island before 8am for the 11am beginning of the Boat Show.


The first photo below looks at the Lake Havasu Ferry Boat Dock.

On the far right of the above photo, in the distance by the Palm Tree, is a blue boat that you will see more clearly in the second photo below.


In the below photo, in the distance is the Lake Havasu Ferry boat returning from its trip across the lake. Now you can also see clearly the blue boat I mentioned above.




Now we will watch it turn into its dock and park for its next trip.



Docked and ready to unload and reload and go across the lake again.



One last look down from the London Bridge at one of the Boat Show boats.






Lake Havasu City was founded in 1964 by industrialist Robert P. McCulloch.


There you have it! The 2023 Lake Havasu Boat Show and a visit to The London Bridge.

Cap and Patti

2 comments:

  1. It blows my mind every time I think about the amount of effort (and cost!) it took to bring the entire bridge from London to AZ. The careful dismantling, loading onto a boat, then unloading onto trucks, maybe a train. More unloading when it arrived and then putting it back together like an enormous puzzle. We humans can be a bit daft!

    As for axe throwing, you are a braver person than I. I feel like there is a big chance of me hurting myself should I attempt this. An older friend tried it after her husband died. She said it was a great way to help deal with her feelings.

    Goodbye AZ and hello Alaska. I hope the weather has warmed up there.
    Kathleen Brady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Thanks for your comment Kathleen. We get very few comments here on blogspot. Yes indeed Kathleen, moving the London Bridge was quite an astounding and enormous project. No I am NOT going to become an Axe Thrower. Because I had been watching my (call him) mentor throwing axes, and he did "coach" me as well, there was no real danger to me or the facility. Amazing how it helped your friend. We are loving the 40F temperatures here Kathleen. Smiling .. Your Allies .. Cap and Patti

    ReplyDelete

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP