I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Tuesday 2 May 2023

MAY 2, 23 .. WENDY'S FOR FROSTY'S .. CALL ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE .. OUR CAR WON'T START

If you get bored, and you may, reading this Post and looking at a lot of similar photos, I ask you to PLEASE scroll down to the bottom and read of my God touch experience with my deaf Lyft driver, Dethsakda.

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

Titles to Posts can, in and of themselves, be a challenge.

"When Does It Get Easy" would work here. As would others. But I can't spend too much time on a title.

Patti and I had plans today. And our plans went very well until..

Our day began with the two of us "Chairing" a noon meeting here at the "Dry Dock" in Anchorage that really went well. Patti had a dental appointment that really went well. We delivered various items to our local Recycling Center. We did some shopping getting some important items we could not find at our local supermarket. 

We were on our way home and decided to stop at our local Wendy's to bring home eight Junior Frosty's. 

I got the Frosty's and.. 

and..

Our Suburban would not start. When I turned the ignition key nothing, absolutely nothing, happened. No clicking, nothing.

The head lights went on so the batteries (I have two batteries) are fine. The gas tank was full so we were not out of gas.

"Patti, it's the starter motor." 

We called a taxi and Patti went home with our groceries and our eight fresh (but melting) Frosty's.

In the meantime, my smart phone malfunctioned. So I used Patti's smart phone. When Patti got home she had our other two smart phones at her disposal. Then (go figure) my smart phone began to function properly and I called my Roadside Assistance program, (this took about 30 minutes which really is fast all things considered), and here came my Tow Truck.




Lights, Camera, Action!









We are ready to go to Moore and Sons Automotive on Dimond Blvd, our service center since 1994.

Our driver was absolutely outstanding in all aspects. An immigrant from Yugoslavia, he has been here 13 years. He was very pleased when I gave him a $20 gratuity!


As we pulled out of Wendy's, I looked back through the rear window of the tow truck and there he was, our Suburban!



All the way to Moore and Sons, I kept looking in my right, rear view mirror, to be sure our Suburban was still with us! Richardson (his middle name) are you still back there?


South down the Seward Highway we rolled.


Moore and Sons Automotive.


Are you still with us Richardson? Yes Dad!




Dad! I AM still here!


The tow truck driver was amazed when Don, the shop foreman, told him to unload Richardson right into a stall!

"Wow! Who do you know?"





Inside the lobby at Moore and Sons.


And now.. 

God deeply touched my very soul!

The Rest Of The Story.

My Roadside Assistance Plan provided me with a free ride from Moore and Sons back to our Condo with Lyft.

Lyft texted me this message : 

Your Lyft driver is deaf or hard of hearing. Please text instead of calling. 

Then their link gave some instructions on how to greet a deaf person.

I hope that all of you reading this will click onto the Lyft link .. https://lft.to/2J4C8K4 .. it will give you instructions on how to say "Hello" or "Thank You" in American Sign language.

Dethsakda was his name. I have some experience (I tutored a deaf student in mathematics back in 1964) working with the deaf. 

He "said" please call me "D".

Let me tell you, "D" and I bonded!


"D" is an immigrant from Albania as was? Mother Teresa, with whom I worked in Calcutta, West Bengal, India. Patti also met Mother Teresa during her visit to Calcutta in 1996.




When we got to our Condo, I called Patti and she met "D".

Yep! I am just a little "teary".

Thanks God for this "divine touch".

Cap and Patti


2 comments:

  1. So? Any word on the repairs? (or anyone) use Lyft or Uber rather than a cab?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti took a Yellow Cab home from Wendy's because we use them a lot. I used a Lyft ride home from the shop and Uber to get back to pick up our truck Wednesday. Amazing service from Moore and Sons Automotive. The problem was a faulty starter motor plus some old electrical wiring had to be replaced. Thanks for your interest Gullible. Smiles .. Cap

    ReplyDelete

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP