I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Saturday 6 May 2023

MAY 6, 23 .. NEVER .. NEVER EVER .. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT .. BUT IT'S TRUE ..

 Pizza in Lake Havasu City, Arizona.

Patti and I "sort of discovered" Rosati's Pizza when we first ate at the IN-N-Out Burger in Lake Havasu City. See our below Post from APR 6, 23..

https://babakaps.net/?p=52026

Rosati's is in a mini-mall with other shops. At the left end of the below photo you see the Axe Throwing Venue. At the right end you have Rosati's. See them?




We ate dinner at Rosati's during the late evening. When we left, it was dark.





Time to go inside and check Rosati's Pizza out.


We sat (it was a warm evening) outside under an overhead awning.

Looking back inside.



Looking out towards the parking area.


Looking back behind where we were seated.


We ordered a Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza

My very first Pizza, was in October of 1952 at Mario's Pizzeria on Woodward Avenue at Webster Road in Royal Oak, Michigan.

I loved Pizza and I kept eating it.

When my family and I lived in San Francisco, from 1965 to 1968, my wife and sons and I set out to eat at every Pizzeria in San Francisco. We never fully accomplished this task BUT the idea is : I have eaten a lot of Pizza in a lot of places over the past seventy (70) years (1952 to 2023).

Hard as it will be for some of you to imagine, I had never, as in never ever, eaten a Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza.

"Captain! Oh Captain? Were you living under a rock?"

Ike Sewell and Ric Riccardo invented Chicago deep-dish pizza. These two used their love for business and Italian cuisine and opened Pizzeria Uno in Chicago in 1943.

"Yep. I must have been living under a rock!"


Man O Manischewitz it sure looks good Patti!

Our waitress said, "It's loaded with cheese and sauce!"

THAT Sports Fans is a great and a vast understatement.

Below is OUR very own, our very first, and Sport Fans, our very last Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza.

Just look at that beauty! A perfectly baked crust!


Oh My Oh My ..


"Come on Dad! Snap another photo of me!"

I swear that I am salivating as I look at these photos!


And now I will explain the above title of this Post!

NEVER .. NEVER EVER .. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT .. BUT IT'S TRUE ..

For the very first time in my entire life, I was NOT ABLE to finish a Pizza!!

Can you believe that Walter?


Thank the Good Lord for friends. Friends who "Are there for you in your moment of need!"

I immediately called Michael, Lil' Bits Daddy.. 


And when he answered my call I said to Michael.. 

"Michael, Olde Buddy, Best Pal, Our Ally, will you take the final full 1/4 of a Rosati's Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza that we cannot possibly finish. We'll drop it off in 10 minutes?"

"Sure Cap."

Now how is that for a friend!


And there you have it, The Rest of the Story, about the title to this post. 

Man O Manischewitz what an adventure!

Smiles .. Cap and Patti

Michael began nibbling away at the pizza as soon as we dropped it off. He really liked it. Again Thanks Michael!

A delightful and colorful post Cap.

"A precise rendering of "The Night a Chicago Deep Dish Pizza Gastronomical Delight came to Lake Havasu City".....via my good friends Cap and Patti! And like you, Cap I had never eaten a Deep Dish Pizza, at least nary a one that could compare to Rosati's serving. Comically when Cap called I had just finished a light meal at home and was already filled to the brim. Having mentioned that, Cap said I'll drop it on by....just put it in the refrigerator. Yep, 10min later Cap handed me the remaining pizza. Without opening the box I was puzzled and curious. This box weighs a ton (slight exaggeration!). So I opened the box and marveled at all of the melted cheese so perhaps I will just take a little taste. That's all she wrote! The pizza was so scrumptious that I finished 1/3 of a slice. Man-O-Man was it tasty! And so, I disciplined myself and had another 1/3 the next night....and Yessiree-Bob!, the final coup-de-grace on the 3rd night. This pizza was one complete meal. Thank you my dear friends. Another shared memory. And full stomach!
Love you both.. Michael d.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, now I see the cheese. But why all the red. I like pizza with very little red sauce. By the way, I had Chicago style pizza years ago in Lahaina, Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't explain why the chef drenched the pizza in red sauce Gullible. This was a first, and a last, Deep Dish Chicago Style Pizza because of the immense amount of cheese. Did you enjoy that long-ago Chicago style pizza in Lahaina?

      Delete
  2. I am trying to contain the drooling. I love a lot of sauce on my pizza. Extra sauce on the side please. I will now begin my search for a local place (in the Vallejo CA area) that serves a Chicago style pizza. I may have to sample a lot of pizzas and I may never find something similar but I will be very happy eating all that pizza!
    Kathleen Brady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too fun Kathleen! Great comment. Good luck in you search for a Chicago Style, Deep Dish Pizza in your area. Keep up posted. Cap and Patti

      Delete

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP