I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Tuesday 11 June 2024

JUN 11, 24 .. OUR WILD CRANES HAVE RETURNED FOR A YEAR 2024 VISIT..

One year ago, last June the 10th, 2023, Patti and I, along with all of our neighbors, were visited by migrating (sandhill) cranes.

We published two Posts about their visit. If you would like to step back a year in time, and see last years posts, you may do so by clicking onto the two below links.

https://bobbacaps.blogspot.com/2023/06/jun-16-23-12-when-what-to-our-wondering.html

https://bobbacaps.blogspot.com/2023/06/jun-16-23-22-when-what-to-our-wondering.html

Last year, it was June the 10th, 2023, Patti and I were sitting out in front of our condominium in our truck getting ready to back out and do some shopping, when Patti very animatedly said..

"Cap! Quick! Look at the lawn!"

I immediately looked up and Patti and I saw two, wild cranes.


For much more, please click onto the above two links.

 -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

Below is our June 2024, migrating (sandhill) cranes visit.

Deja vu is the feeling that you have already experienced something that is actually happening for the first time.

Can one have Deja vu revisited?

A few weeks ago (May the 26th) we were sitting in our condo living room, looking out at our green strip. 



I saw something out to our right, near some utility cabinets in the far distance, and asked Patti was it a large dog that I was seeing.

Patti looked out and said .. "Cap it's a wild crane!"

I grabbed my smart phone and out running I went. 


The crane on the right below, flapped its wings and looked like it was going to fly away but then changed its mind.



The cranes that visited us last year were not at all intimidated by my presence. This pair were not "spooked" by me but were decidedly "cautious" about my presence and did not approach me as did last years two visitors.












Below is a partial photo of the front page of todays June 11th Anchorage Daily News (ADN). 


As you can see in the above and below photos, our wild cranes remain front page news.


As you can see the above parents now have two young cranes. 

So they sure are NOT migrating!

Baby sandhill cranes are called colts, because of their long strong legs. Sandhill cranes mate for life and lay two eggs that incubate for about a month.

Well, at least for now, "there you have it" for our 2024 sandhill crane visit.

Cap and Patti

Update : Late Tuesday evening, June the 18th, we had two cranes again visit us. They were "on their way through" and did not stop nor could I catch up to them to shoot more photos.

3 comments:

  1. So cool to have yard cranes! I hope they nest nearby and bring their colts to visit. Something I learned this year is that last year's colts will stay with the parents and help incubate and raise their new siblings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so very much for your comment. Interesting the baby cranes are called "colts" isn't it? We have no idea where and if they will nest but with any "colts" they won't be going far away. Smiles .. Cap and Patti

      Delete
  2. HELLO CAP AND PATTI !!

    Liz and I were wondering how in the WORLD you have been so I know how to catch up quickly through your blog and website and you appear to be FABULOUS as always! Much time has passed, yet you continue to be on our minds some 20, or so, years later!! Much love from sunny California, home of the GIANTS! Miles of Smiles
    Steve and Liz Venema

    ReplyDelete

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP