I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Saturday 22 December 2018

DEC 22, 18 .. AND WE, IN FAIRBANKS ALASKA, THINK THAT WE HAVE ICE SCULPTURES.

I have to be honest here, we DO indeed have ice sculptures in Fairbanks, Alaska. And yes they are indeed very special and they definitely ARE a bit of a big deal for us.

The thing is this : Here in Russian Siberia ice sculptures seem to be all-over-the-place.

"Oh Hi Crocodile Dundee! How nice of you to drop here for a short visit!"

"Now those Mate! Those are ice sculptures!" 
/sign me/ Crocodile Dundee.

Yesterday Mike and I took a taxi to the railway station to purchase our train tickets from Abakan to Krasnoyarsk. 

En route home I stopped the taxi, got out, and went into one of the many local parks here and did a photo shoot of the below ice sculptures.

In doing my photo shoot, I kept taking my hands out of my mittens to hold my camera to shoot each photo. Then I had to keep getting inside of my coat to get my camera. Now with my hands outside of my mittens, they too got cold. So my hands and my chest area were exposed to the wind and the cold. I mean to shout, both my hands and I got seriously cold.

ICE SCULPTURES IN ABAKAN

















As Bugs Bunny and Loony Tunes cartoons used to end with : That's All Folks.

Cap and Patti

4 comments:

  1. I simply LOVE ice sculptures .. the ones in Fairbanks and Anchorage have always fascinated and enchanted me. I can totally understand why you were willing to get out of the cab to get into the park and deal with the c-c-c-cold hands and chest while taking pictures. Nice, nice, nice. Thank you for the ice sculpture show! Smiles, love, hugs. Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing they can take a block of ice and turn it into such beautiful sculptures! The entire process is amazing. Well they can take a block of granite and turn that into beautiful sculptures too. Or a block of wood. I recall at the shows in Fairbanks that there were foreign ice sculptors in attendance. My pleasure to share it with you and others. Love Cap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really beautiful sculptures. Two suggestions: Take a taxi back there at night and photograph them. Second: Keep your camera in your mittens. That will help preserve the battery as well as eliminate the need for your hands to search for it in your jacket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea about the camera inside of the mittens. Thanks. The ice sculptures are not yet finalized so I don't think night time lighting will be turned on. However, I am not keen about being out at night in the park in the cold and wind. Thanks again for your suggestion about the camera. Cap

      Delete

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP