I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Friday 12 August 2022

AUG 12, 22 .. FROM NOV 9 - 14, 2015 .. PATTI, GULLIBLE AND I TRAVELED TO MONGOLIA'S KHUVSGUL LAKE (PART 2/3)

In our last post, dated AUG 9, 22, we explained why Patti and Gullible and myself are now re-visting, even though it was 6-3/4 years ago, our trip from Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, to the Northwest Corner of Mongolia to visit Khuvsgul Lake, a well known attraction both for tourists and Mongolians as well.

Just in case you missed seeing this post or wish to re-visit it, you may click onto the below link.

http://bobbacaps.blogspot.com/2022/08/aug-9-22-from-nov-9-14-2015-patti.html

We ended the above post with the below photo.


After enjoying lunch and leaving Khutul, Mongolia, we hit the road heading for Erdenet and Bulgan where we would be staying overnight.

After showing the above photo of sheep crossing the road in the AUG 9, 22 post, I stated that IF you really want to see some fun interaction that we all enjoyed with the above flock of sheep and their herder, please go to a link we posted. 

However, Olga over in Chita, and Gullible herself, did not see my photos of the interaction we had with a real, Nomad Mongolian Herder named Batbold. So in a real way the below photos are for Olga and Gullible.

Now we begin with some new photos that I snapped. Upon seeing a flock of sheep I asked our driver to stop so I could check them out.

- - - - - - - -

Gullible, somewhat frustrated that I had asked our driver Chimdee to pull over and stop our van so I could get out and visit the flock, voiced her frustration with the following phenomenal lines in her own post :

Remember this line spoken by Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca?

                          Of all the gin joints, in all the towns,

                          in all the worlds, she walks into mine.

That’s what I'm thinking of when Cap asks Chimdee to stop the Mitsubishi van so he can take photos of the herd.

                        Of all the flocks of sheep, of all the herds of goats,

                        Of all the dozens we’ve seen, he takes a liking to                              this bunch.

I’m not sure what it is.  Their proximity (crossing right in front of us)?   The black sheep faces (many of them do have black faces)?  The multicolored goats (they all are)?  We've passed dozens of flocks and herds, but Cap takes a shine to this one.

- - - - - - - -

So out and off I (your Captain) who myself don't know why I had Chimdee stop, trotted out to check on the herd. 


After a short visit with them, back to the van I headed.

Little did I realize that the Nomad Mongolian Herder was coming up behind me to-check-me-out!


"How are you Mister Herder?"


And the magic of a very special, once in a lifetime, memory began!


"I'd like you to meet my horse. He is 25 years old!"



"My name is Batbold," said the herder.

In the background of the below photo above the neck of the horse, will all of you look who has leapt (and I mean LEAPT) out of our van and is heading over saying to herself, "I can't stand it. In an instant, I'm out of the vehicle, armed with cameras. I slip on the ball bearing pebbles on the embankment and land on my right leg, near my hip. It hurt, yeah, but certainly not enough to account for the spectacular bruise that develops over the next week."

"Batbold, I'd like you to meet Gullible!!" That's Chimdee our driver next to Gullible.






Gullible really took a shine to Batbold's horse. Evidently he asked her if she'd like to mount him.

It was a team effort!





Back into our van and out and off we went. Gullible and I took turns sitting in the catbird (front) seat of our van. In the below photo I was in the back seat.

The below photos of many herds show why Gullible questioned my stopping for Batbold's herd. I myself can't tell you but it sure worked out didn't it?
















We were headed for Bulgan to spend our first night on the road.











ДΑЛΑЙ ЭЭЖИЙ БОСГО  means Watch Mother Sea.

Two photos of Gullible.



We're going to call it a wrap. The next post will show photos taken at Khuvsul Lake.

Cap and Patti and Gullible too. 

1 comment:

  1. Not only did it work out but it was the to be the memory that still lingers in my mind when I think of that trip. Thanks, Cap.

    ReplyDelete

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP