I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Saturday 26 August 2023

AUG 26, 23 (3/4) .. A TRUE STORY ABOUT AN ENTIRE FLOCK OF CANADA GEESE

Isn't life itself and the Universe interesting? 

I recently published AUG 23rd one single Post about Canada Geese at our Loussac Library here in Anchorage. Then that first Post grew to a two part Post on AUG 25th. And now, AUG 26th, Part 3? One of our best friends and associates shared with us his below true story about the fate of an entire flock of Canada Geese, an event that happened here in Anchorage.

The floor is yours Michael, our Guest Contributor!

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

What a joy to see your two recent Posts about Canada Geese, perhaps the last until they head south to warmer nesting grounds. A short term parking lot enroute South? A short layover? I’m glad you and Patti got to take in their majesty and amazing perseverance of survival. Their millennial migrations from the South, and Northward to the Artic climes! I always felt emotionally saddened and a bit depressed when the Geese would fly in endless formations heading southwards, their voices honking and communicating with all who could hear. It signified not only their departure, but more importantly, winter was not far away! Even after residing in Alaska for 21yrs, I am a California native (Angeleno), I never got comfortable with the long cold winters and snow. Yet I became employed between two corporations and for 16yrs (5yrs w/GCI in Anchorage) I commuted through all seasons!

Here is my Canada Geese tale. Their goose was about to be cooked. However, as they were flying overhead they had no clue about what was about to happen to them all!

One windy, blustery autumn day, I clocked out at my office and began my 40 mile commute home. As I left Anchorage, I traveled up Tudor Rd. I’ll guarantee you, the winds were howling! As I approached the intersection of Boniface Parkway and Tudor Road, I stopped at a red light. I was mesmerized by Geese that were attempting to stay aloft overhead in wind gusts perhaps 30-35-40mph. They were close to the ground on Tudor Road, gaining and losing height, as they attempted to remain airborne.

If you can visualize this : the 12-24 Geese were hovering overhead but the winds were threatening to blow them into the high-tension-power lines that stand maybe 100ft. tall! I thought "Oh, no! If they hit those lines they’re gonna get fried!" And as I watched them avoid the power lines, suddenly, from above, a hellacious downdraft hit them and smashed all of them into the grassy parkway and parking lot in front of the Alaska State Troopers Office. 

And I watched and I waited. None of them moved! Holy Schmoley! I was dumbstruck and dismayed that we had a disaster happen in front of me. I quickly drove my car to the Troopers parking lot entrance, parked it and at a hurried pace started towards the Troopers front door. 

Then! To my surprise and amazement, along came a chap who grabbed 4-5 of those geese, slung them over his shoulder and happily skipped off into the sunset. I supposed he had immediately recognized ‘DINNER!’ Maybe 3 or 4 free dinners! It was the craziest animal mass death I had ever witnessed. 

Still, I went forth into the Troopers Office and reported the incident that had just happened out in front of their office! Strangely, no one seemed surprised except me. A California native. A flat-lander! Needless to say witnessing this mass carnage brought it home to me the harsh extreme conditions that wild creatures must face, challenge…and on better days, survive. This wasn’t one of those days!

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

Wow! Thanks so very much Michael for sharing the above story with us.

Smiles .. Cap and Patti and all of our followers.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exploring new horizons is exhilarating! ✈️🌍 Don’t let lost luggage dampen your spirits. Check out Aero Mexico’s Lost Luggage Policy for hassle-free travel. For assistance, contact us at +1 (833) 549-4777

    ReplyDelete

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP