I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Sunday 27 August 2023

AUG 27, 23 (4/4) .. THE CRY OF THE WILD GOOSE

 Quandry : A state of perplexity or uncertainty over what to do.

Here's the deal. I find myself on the path of the Canada Geese. On August the 23rd I published, what I was certain to be a one time Post, about seeing Canada Geese here in Anchorage on the lawns of The Loussac Library.

Then the "calling" to publish a second Post on August the 25th resulted in my doing so. Thus I had created a two part series of Posts about the Canada Geese.

Then yesterday, on August the 26th, our Guest Contributor Michael added Part 3 to the mini-saga.

My Quandry : Oh My, Oh My! I either continue down this path and be finished with it or know that I will be sorry if I do not finish it.

So here I go with Part 4 of what I really believe will be the final part of this particular Cry Of The Wild Goose series of Posts.

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

Do you all remember Frankie Laine? If you do, then I am relatively certain that you remember his song, released in early 1950, The Cry Of The Wild Goose. 

Because of Parts 1 through 3 and Canada Geese, Frankie Laine's great hit song has been ruminating in my mind.

THE CRY OF THE WILD GOOSE

My heart knows what the wild goose knows,

I must go where the wild goose goes.

Wild goose, brother goose, which is best?

A wanderin' foot or a heart at rest?


Tonight I heard the wild goose cry,

Wingin' north in the lonely sky.

Tried to sleep, it weren't no use,

'Cause I am a brother to the old wild goose!


Woman was kind and true to me.

She thinks she loves me, the more fool she.

She's got a love that ain't no use,

To love a brother of the old wild goose.


The cabin is warm and the snow is deep,

I got a woman who lies asleep.

She'll wake at tomorrow's dawn,

She'll find, poor critter, that her man is gone.


(Oh, you wild goose.)

My heart knows what the wild goose knows,

I must go where the wild goose goes.

Wild goose, brother goose, which is best?

A wanderin' foot or a heart at rest?


Let me fly, let me fly, let me fly away.

Spring is comin' and the ice will break,

I can't linger for a woman's sake.

She'll see a shadow pass overhead.

She'll find my feathers beside my bed.

Wild goose, brother goose, which is best?

A wanderin' foot or a heart at rest?

Written by : Terry Gilkyson

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

We have now arrived at the reason for this Part 4 of 4. 

I have been visiting the Jack Miner Bird Sanctuary located in Kingsville, Ontario, Canada, since the 1940's. If, when discussing Canada Geese, I don't at least mention Jack Miner's name, I am doing a disservice to you my followers.


On November 1, 2014, on dotnet, I published a Post about Jack Miner's. So if you are interested, and choose to do so, by clicking onto the below link, you will see what Jack Miner's Bird Sanctuary is about. 

https://babakaps.net/?p=9079

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

And That Is That for Canada Geese Says Baba Kaps!

Big Smiles .. Cap and Patti 

No comments:

Post a Comment

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP