I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Saturday 18 May 2013

MAY 18, 13 .. HONG KONG FOOD ..

ED 02476 .. I had to chuckle .. it is SINGAPORE RICE NOODLES you are looking for .. NOT Shanghai Noodles. Below are two (2) photos for you showing genuine Singapore Rice Noodles!  So NICE TO HAVE YOU ALONG FOR THIS RIDE ED!

FOOD .. I want to show you a few meals I have enjoyed here in Hong Kong .. just a short post.

Below is my ONE .. and below is my ONLY .. FAVORITE RESTAURANT IN KOWLOON! Kowloon is the city on the Kowloon Peninsula which is directly across Victoria Harbor from Hong Kong which itself is on Hong Kong Island. The restaurant is VERY BASIC .. few 'Westerners' will be found in it .. and in twenty two (22) years of visiting Hong Kong .. I have NEVER gotten ill eating the food here.  OH YES ! .. they 'know' me from the years of visiting and eating here.  He is hard to see but the second man in the photo .. he is wearing a blue shirt .. is the one man that goes back in my memory to my first visit in late October of 1990 .. I think he is the owner .. behind him .. a table-for-one .. is MY FAVORITE TABLE.



Below you have a photo of my FAVORITE MEAL .. perhaps my favorite meal in all of the world .. Singapore Rice Noodles.  I have eaten Singapore Rice Noodles twice each and twice every day I have been here.  I will go up here and eat it for my morning meal. It is difficult to call it Breakfast .. but it in fact is my Breakfast!  YEP .. I have a Singapore Rice Noodle Addiction!  A serving costs 48 HK Dollars ($6.50 U.S.).  The yellow color is curry.  I seem to NEVER TIRE OF Singapore Rice Noodles !  Singapore Rice Noodles are NOT spicy hot. You add the 'heat' if you choose .. black bean sauce with garlic and hot-pepper-oil.  It has green peppers and small shrimp and eggs and green onions and BBQ sweet pork and thin rice noodles.



Here is another serving of Singapore Rice Noodle .. just in case you skipped-past the above photo .. you will notice it IS a different photo .. this dish is to-die-for-good ! ..


Sometimes I eat two dishes at a sitting.  Singapore Rice Noodles plus a second entree. Below is one of my second choices .. beef and vegetables and noodles in a soup-base-dark-gravy.  Just basic PHENOMENAL Chinese Food .. it too costs 48 HK Dollars ($6.50).

OK let's talk Pizza. When I was over on Lamma Island back in late February 2012 .. the Olinger Family from France and I ate dinner our last night together in quite a restaurant. Below is a photo of their sign .. it was too dark to get a photo of the front of the restaurant..


We ordered three Pizzas. Each were 13-inches in diameter (which is their Large size and our Medium size).  One cost 143 HK Dollars or $19.32 and two cost 158 HK Dollars or $21.35 each .. Clement had one glass of beer costing 38 HK Dollars or $5.14 .. the total cost was 497 HK Dollars ($67.16) for a MODEST dinner for three !  The top one 'looks' smaller but it was the same size as the two lower Pizzas ..


OH YES ! .. OH YES ! .. OH YES ! .. got it .. they were beyond good .. they were PHENOMENAL to put it in one word ! .. well don't they look great ..

So nice to share a few meals with you .. Smiles .. Cap

2 comments:

  1. so interesting and fun to have a favorite meal, a favorite restaurant and a favorite table in a small place half way around the world. you must miss those noodles so....
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawn .. here it is .. MAY DAY .. May 1st .. and only now do I discover your post .. OH MY .. LOVE HONG KONG and all the activity and scenery and food and everything else .. Smiles.. Cap ..

      Delete

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP