I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Friday 3 May 2013

MAY 3, 13 .. SOUTH INDIA THALI MEALS ..

Who was it that penned the following .. "I think that I shall never see a poem lovely as a tree."

I think that I shall never see anything more beautiful than a South India Thali meal.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
A  MUNNAR  THALI  MEAL ..

Let's begin with the venue.  It is The Hotel Dhanyasree next to my Emmel Dwellings Hotel here in Munnar.  This hotel has a full-service restaurant.


OK in we go to the Purohit Restaurant! Below is my table across the room beside the window-wall with my 'things on it'.

 The elderly gentleman is my waiter.


And another man heard .. photos are being taken.
And another has appeared!  And you ask me why I LOVE India!  I could step outside onto any street in India and SHOUT one single word .. "Photographs" and the city would appear for a photograph!
"What's that 'Zilla?" .. "You're getting hungry and you are wondering where is the food!"

We are going to do-a-little mathematics.  How many Thali dishes or mini-bowls do you count below?
Just look both above and below at the Papadam on top of a special Methi Parotha.  Now you can clearly see how many Thali dishes there are with the meal.
They were 'either hiding or protecting' the rice under them in the above two photos.  

You have the Papadam top left.  Then two Fulka Rotis on the upper and lower right.  Then on the lower left the large sized Methi Parotha. The Papadam is crispy and eaten by itself.  The two Roti are soft like a Mexican Flour Tortilla and I personally eat them as I would a tortilla. I lay them flat in my hand .. then I spoon rice and the 'goodies' in the mini-bowls onto the rice .. then I 'roll-them-up' into a 'soft taco' and eat them.  OH YES!  Sometimes 'food' runs down my hands IF I over fill my 'soft taco'.  The Indian people eat them differently.  They tear the Roti into pieces and dip the pieces into the 'goodies' in the mini-bowls and expertly load their pieces with 'goodies'.

Lastly .. I eat the 'exotic' (I have seen and eaten very VERY few of them) Methi Parotha by tearing it into small pieces and putting rice and 'goodies' onto each small piece and popping it into my mouth.
Below is your meal with the above four items removed. No question .. there are clearly seven (7) Thali dishes with this meal.
Why does the below photo NOT surprise those of you who know me personally?
WAIT A MINUTE!  How many empty Thali dishes are there above?  The instant I emptied my first Thali dish here came my waiter with another full dish.  I had to 'back-him-off' or else I'd have been there all night eating!

It turned out that this restaurant has LIMITED and UNLIMITED Thali meals.  They do not say UNLIMITED.  They only say LIMITED IF indeed you are not going to get all you can possibly eat!  If you do-not-see LIMITED then you are going to get all-you-can eat!

So there-you-have your MUNNAR THALI!  It cost 120 Rs ($2.40 US).
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
OK let's now go to a KODAIKANAL  THALI MEAL.

The Kodai venue I am showing is the ASTORIA VEG.  It's a little hard-to-see below but more photos follow.
Two closer-up looks at the ASTORIA VEG.

Now let's all-of-us walk inside and order lunch.  Do any of you remember the Thali meal that I so enjoyed in Agra Cantt?   Do you remember the Thali in Pondicherry you see below.
Feast your eyes on ASTORIA VEG's Thali! When they began to serve-the-rice I had them 'back-off' and just give me a small portion.
In the above and below photos I 'removed' the Papad (Papadam) Cracker since it was 'hiding' the rice.
Below you see the Papad Cracker. He said that he was 'protecting' the rice!
Now 'Who'd-a-Thunk' that I would eat-it-all!
Now for a study the below photo ..
What you are seeing above are the 'refills'!  My Thali Lunch for 85 Rs Indian ($1.70 US) was an UNLIMITED Thali (which as I explained above is an ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT deal!) 

The instant that I finished my first mini-dish of one of the foods .. as it was here in Munnar .. PRESTO a waiter was at my table 'ladling' more into the empty mini-bowl!

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!  These folks make me feel like some-kind-of-important-person!
And do-they-love their photos snapped!

"Cap?  What exactly is it that you so love about India?"

One of the fun things about now living in downtown Kodaikanal is the NIGHT LIFE.

The ASTORIA VEG at night!


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
On April 27th .. I did an extremely detailed post titled .. MY TWO RESTAURANTS IN OOTY .. of that Thali meal.

But  I want to show it again and end with the Thali that I enjoyed in Ooty. It was LIMITED .. NO seconds and thirds and fourths! On top of the rice is a Papadam and under it a standard soft Roti.

 I removed the Papadam and the soft Roti and how many mini-bowls do you see below?  I count ten (10) of them!  Which goes to show you that they are all a 'tad' different.



OH MY (burp!)  That will suffice!  .. Cap

No comments:

Post a Comment

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP