I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Friday 14 December 2018

DEC 14, 18 .. KYZYL ( КЫЗЫЛ ), REPUBLIC OF TUVA, RUSSIA .. THE OBEISK CENTER OF ASIA

There is a saying : I don't have a dog in this fight.

So I will say it : I don't have a dog in the fight / in the semi-heated debate, as to where the precise center of Asia is located. Several locations (in Russia and in China) claim the title.

These two points I am sure of :

1. I am in  Kyzyl ( КЫЗЫЛ ), REPUBLIC OF TUVA, RUSSIA.

2. Here in Kyzyl there IS a very prominent attraction that is called :  THE OBEISK CENTER OF ASIA.

I have done my homework (Google) on this issue and will not go any further with a discussion about it.

Suffice it to say :  THE OBEISK CENTER OF ASIA is one very beautiful and interesting attraction to visit here in Kyzyl.

Yes I'll say it : A visit to THE OBEISK CENTER OF ASIA is a must-see must-do experience if you ever get here to Kyzyl.

When my flight from Irkutsk to Kyzyl landed on November 30th, my hosts immediately drove me here to view the geographic center of Asia. Then after our visit, we went to a restaurant.

Photos please!









If you look closely at the below closeup photo of the walking surface, you will realize just how dangerous it is in the snow and ice.








I've seen summertime photos of the site and the fountains are really beautiful.





In the above and below photos, you can see the venue is on a river.



The two photos below show the river as it appears in December.
















Thank You Kyzyl.



A very special place to visit. 

I hope all of you enjoyed a tour of through The Center of Asia.

Smiles Cap and Patti in Anchorage

4 comments:

  1. Fascinating monument. I can imagine it IS that much more impressive in the warmer weather when the fountains are free to run. The river ice in December reminds me of how our Cook Inlet ice is in chunks in the winter. Loved that you also inserted a night time picture, and loved the shot of the caribou, with its impressive rack, on the very top. Also, loved the 'No Smoking' sign at the site!! Smiles and love, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. There YOU are My Dear One. So nice to see you were able to post the above comment. Thanks. They do seem serious about NO SMOKING in public places and in restaurants. In my lifetime I have done fewer things as risky as it was to climb the polished marble steps covered with ice to be able to get close-up photos of the sign and the base of the monument. Two very husky young men helped me to slowly, one step at a time, creep back down the steps with their arms under mine. In retrospect it may not have been a good decision to go up the steps. I really thanked the two of them for their support. Thanks for your comment. Love Cap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. You aren't kidding when you say it is impressive. Man Oh Manischewitz. Cap

      Delete

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP