I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Wednesday 2 January 2019

JAN 2, 19 .. A LIGHT LUNCH HERE IN KRASNOYARSK AT ТЕΛЕHОК ТАБАКА

I know. This is not fair. I doubt if any of you are struggling to be able to understand all of these Russian words that I am constantly being bombarded with.

The word at the end of the above title is ..ТЕΛЕHОК ТАБАКА.

ТЕΛЕHОК ТАБАКА is the name of the cafe that Mike and I enjoyed a light lunch at this afternoon.

In English .. ТЕΛЕHОК ТАБАКА .. translates as .. 

TELENOK TABAKA.

Do all of you see the problem here? 

I could 'sound out' the Russian words .. ТЕΛЕHОК ТАБАКА.

But what I 'sounded out' had absolutely no meaning for me.

ТЕΛЕHОК in Russian means a young bull.

ТАБАКА in Russian means tobacco.

ТЕΛЕHОК ТАБАКА means smoked steak.

Go figure.










How about this! ТЕΛЕОК ТАБАКА has won a Trip Advisor high rating!


I've said this before, I'll say it yet again : 

I don't know what I was expecting when I came here to Russian Siberia.

I was NOT expecting to be eating dinner, in a city named Krasnoyarsk, in an exclusive restaurant named ТЕΛЕОК ТАБАКА, that has a high rating from Trip Advisor.



















The Good News : My steak potato salad in this exclusive restaurant only cost me 300 Russian Rubles or U.S. $4.48.

The Not So Good News : My steak potato salad was (ah-h-h) not exactly an enormous salad.



Mike had two bowls of soup. In the above photos, a hearty Chicken Noodle soup with vegetables. In the below photos, a Russian Borscht soup.



For now we'll say good bye and good night to ТЕΛЕОК ТАБАКА.


On our walk back home, we decided to catch a glimpse of the Eiffel Tower.





"Captain?"

"Yes."

"Were you expecting to see the Eiffel Tower here in a city named Krasnoyarsk in Russian Siberia?"

"No!"

Much Joy .. Cap and Patti

4 comments:

  1. You are correct, I, for one, do not try to pronounce words that you put up in the cyrillic alphabet. I just skip over them. The shelving which looks like it was just inside of the restaurant entrance, all the small cubbyholes containing a trove of small knickknacks, made me think of our recent earthquakes here in the Anchorage, Alaska area, and how all of that would have likely landed scattered on the floor during a quake. Yes, your salad looks very meager, but nice. Funny to see an Eiffel Tower in Krasnoyarsk! Smiles, hugs. Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't forget that in Abakan they also had an Eiffel Tower in the one park with the ice sculptures. Go figure. I don't know about earthquakes here in Siberia. We are, more or less, in the same geologic region. I just looked at my steak and potato salad and smiled. It was tasty and more of a snack. Maybe I ordered it off the appetizer part of the menu. Do you think? Smiles My Dear One .. and Love .. Cap

      Delete
  2. Seems like the more exclusive the restaurant, the skimpier the servings. But, I imagine beef (if it was beef) is a dear commodity on Siberia this time of year. My favorite restaurnat in my travels remains the hole-in-the-wall local cafe in Mongolia. The one that didn't look like much from outside but was wonderful inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is absolutely correct your observation about portion sizes and the more exclusive restaurants. Do you mean the cafe we ate at en route to the lake resort in the far Northwestern corner of Mongolia we stopped in? This could not possibly be much different than your digs in Africa could it? It sure IS similar to your digs up in Moose Pass however. Smiles .. Cap

    ReplyDelete

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP