I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Wednesday 23 January 2019

JAN 23, 19 .. MARIINSK .. THE V. A. CHIVILIKHIN MUSEUM


MARIINSK RUSSIAN SIBERIA

I have not seen any city limit sign anywhere in the world that is more impressive than the above sign on the outskirts of MARIINSK. 

Mr. V. A. Chivilikhin was a Russian author who devoted his life to ecological issues and concerns. Information on him is scarce and I have no link to give you to further research him. All of the information here in the museum is in Russian. 






A visit to his home and museum is listed under Things To Do in MARIINSK on Trip Advisor and this is what prompted me to visit the museum.

To say it was a fun, and almost profound, visit is an understatement. The Director of the Museum met us and took us under-her-wing as if we two were family.

Below we take a look at the exterior of the front of the V. A. Chivilikhin Museum.


His home was the small building on the right in these photos.



I am not sure of the history of the larger building on the left. I will refer to this as the Main Building.


The Main Building on the left is much larger than his home.






A closer look at his actual home here in Mariinsk.








I wish I could help with a translation of the below. Obviously he was born in 1928 and passed on in 1984.






Now we will go inside. The below photo shows the exterior view of a passageway connecting the two buildings.


The below photos show the interior of the above passageway.

The first photo shows the passageway as you walk towards his home.


Above, at the end of this passageway, is a white marble sculpture of Mr. Chivilikhin.


Below is the view as you leave his home and walk toward the Main Building.


Some photos within his home.











We are now back in the Main Building.







Now we go out into the area behind the buildings.









The time had come for Mike and I to excuse ourselves as we wanted to now go and visit The Mariinsk Museum of Local Lore. 

So back into the main building we walked.

And we heard singing! I called Patti and got her on my cell phone.



Then right into the middle of the party I strolled as if I was (adjectives fail me) and my cell phone was carrying the music to Patti.


You can't even imagine what we heard. Traditional Russian Folk Music par excellence!


They loved us and we loved them!





The party's over, it's time to call it a day
They've burst your pretty balloon
And taken the moon away


And so it was. Patti and I really had a lot of fun with them and they enjoyed us. 

Good day from Mariinsk, Russian Siberia, what a day it has been.

Cap and Patti

2 comments:

  1. I can certainly see and understand why you were so touched by this tender and personal museum. It looks obvious that they really rolled out the red carpet for you and Mike .. including music, singing and dancing. I did recognize one of the Russian songs they were playing and am still humming it today. It was so nice to have been on the phone with you while they were being serenaded. Says a lot about how Mariinsk embraces certain visitors. Sweet. Love, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Big Deal Here was the fact that you were able to hear, live and most certainly very alive, their wonderful Traditional Russian Folk Music. And yes they most certainly did welcome us and treat us as being one-of-them. Mike was astounded at all of this. I wish I knew more about who all of those in attendance were as to being a group. I wonder if your KML Ladies Group has ever had the high spirited the fun these ladies (and one gentleman) were having. How nice you recognized one of the Traditional Russian Folk Songs. Much Love My Dear One .. Cap

    ReplyDelete

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP