I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Sunday 16 October 2016

OCT 16, 16 .. DUBAI'S BUSES AND METRO

Today, on my own and by myself, I took a 'real ride' on the Dubai Bus and Metro System.

I say a 'real ride' because I went to a specific venue with a mission to be completed.

Not that yesterday's outing with Ahad was not real. It most certainly was real. BUT I was with Ahad. I was following Ahad. Ahad was driving the bus and I was just a strap-hanger. When you are 100% out on your own, things are different.

So here we go.

First I walked to 'my home' bus stop.

The C1 is my out bound and my home bound bus here in Dubai.
Almost directly ahead in the below photo is a small orange colored device. This where you touch your nol card.



Here in Dubai, the Union Metro Station is my out bound and my home bound metro station. It is stop number 18 on the red line.

It could not be more perfect. The Union Metro Station is on both the red and the green metro lines.
 No! No it is not your imagination. The metro is spotless.



I am going in the direction of the UAE Exchange. That is the name of the metro stop at the end of the red line in the direction I need to go.
 I am going to the Financial Centre metro station.




When it comes to photographing beautiful buildings, I cannot resist snapping away.








 I have arrived at my metro stop destination. Time to get off the metro.









In the above, and in the below photo, you see the tallest structure in the world. Dubai's Burj Khalifa!

I have now arrived at my destination. The Caribou Coffee Shop!


I had absolutely perfect connections on the above trip. When I arrived at my bus stop a C1 bus awaited me. When I arrived at the metro station and got to the train platform, there was a train.

The trip took me 44-minutes. The total cost of the two rides, bus and metro, was US $1.37 or 5 UAE Dirhams. So in the future I will allow myself a full 60-minutes for the trip.

Nice outdoor seating.
With all due respect to you nice outdoor seating, it is much cooler inside of the Caribou Coffee Shop.



I enjoyed a really nice sandwich. It cost US $6.85, UAE 25 Dirhams. Not bad at all for a classy coffee shop.
We had a very nice, 1-hour, As Bill Sees It, meeting. Present were 21 members, 16 men and 5 ladies. Various expatriots from several nations. 100% English spoken

Home, safe and sound.
I don't know 'what's up' with yours truly.

When I got into my room I was absolutely, totally, 'wasted'. I collapsed into bed and slept like the dead for 7-hours.

Now? I feel fine. Bright eyed and bushy tailed.

With Joy From Mai Dubai.

Your Captain.

3 comments:

  1. What an inexpensive deal for Dubai ... a 44 minute trip on the bus and metro for $1.37. The sandwich for $6.85 looks wonderful too. The metro and all the pictures of the high-rises rival, if not surpass, Hong Kong! Amazing. What IS Burj Khalifa, the tallest structure in the world ... office building? A penthouse on the top for their ruler? Very interesting post. Sounds like a nice gathering in the coffee shop. Love and hugs. Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not able to accurately answer you about Burj Khalifa the tallest structure in the world. Guess the two of us could go to .. Taa-Daa .. Wikipedia for all we want to know and pages more than what we want to know! Thanks for following along here My Dear One ..

    I am planning to explore Burj Khalifa when I return from Oman .. Love, Cap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caribou Coffee? That was my favorite in Minnesota. And one in Fargo ND. Did they sell little stuffed mooses? I know the plural of moose is moose but it feels like it needs an s at the end.

    ReplyDelete

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP