I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Saturday 6 April 2013

APR 6, 13 .. AL BAIQ .. MY FAVORITE RESTAURANT IN KODAIKANAL ..




AL BAIQ is a decidedly middle eastern name! I can not quite master how they pronounce it.

The word BAIQ is a combination of BIKE / BOIK. That is my best shot! 

In the photo below you will see that AL BAIQ is immediately adjacent to my Raahat Inn!  So I do NOT have to go far in the dark-of-night to get to AL BAIQ.  Do you all see the Raahat Inn to the right of the light pole.


Below you see one of my favorite views from my room!  Study closely the home I look directly across at.  Get it fixed-in-your-mind. Two white railings .. the stone 'arch' .. the color of the home ..

Looking above the blue Tamil writing in the photo below looking down upon AL BAIQ .. do you see the above home?  I show you this to 'orient' you to AL BAIQ and my room and the Raahat Inn.

Don't forget to also look at AL BAIQ!


Now let's go inside AL BAIQ.  The below photo looks at the cashier's desk and the entry door to the right.

The first photo below looks into the kitchen in the far rear.  The second photo below looks into this same general area.




OH YES!  OH YES!!  AL BAIQ can be VERY BUSY!


Now I want to show you some 'people' photos of the AL BAIQ staff.  They are busily folding napkins.



I took a close-up photo of the back of the shirt of the man at the left in the above photo.

I just heard 'Zilla say .. "NIFTY!"

AL BAIQ has a very complete menu.
   










Below is a very nice page in the menu.  It tells about some of the visitor highlights here in Kodaikanal!  A nice (NIFTY) touch!

And I THANK YOU AL BAIQ too!
  What's that 'Zilla?  The food?  Have I forgotten the food? 

For Breakfast (served 7:30AM to 11AM) I have either ..

A South India TRADITIONAL 'Dosai' (the 'i' is silent .. you pronounce it Dosa) .. a gigantic rice pancake folded into 'thirds' that you break into pieces and use to eat the four dishes you see above the Dosai.  I use a spoon to eat the liquids with and eat the Dosai as I spoon the food into my mouth.  The below 'plate' costs 45 Rs Indian or $0.90 US Dollars.

   
It is quite interesting to be at an age that I am cognizant enough to realize that I am 'losing it'! There was-a-day (NOT long ago!) that NO hot pepper could deter me!  

And my old-stand-by .. a Masala Omelette.  The word masala means hot / spicy. It IS .. hot and spicy 35 RS Indian or $0.70 US Dollars.
  
For Lunch (12PM to 4PM)  I have my Chicken Noodles (Chicken Chow Mein).  135 Rs Indian or $2.70 US Dollars.


For Dinner (7PM to 10:30PM) my two favorites to-date are ..

Chicken Tikka (boneless Tandoori Chicken) with Mint Chutney.  I mean this is 'to-die-for' good!  150 Rs Indian or $3.00 US Dollars. 
  
Al Faham Arabic Chicken which is also 'to-die-for' good!  190 Rs Indian or $3.80 US Dollars.

Do you see (see photos 8 and 9 above showing the crowds) why AL BAIQ is one-popular-place!

I don't know why this is BUT .. I do seem to 'get-along-well' with the people in this part-of-the-world. 

Below I show you TWO CHIEF HONCHOS at AL BAIQ.  Without their joint blessing and very enthusiastic support I would not have been able to shoot the photos that I did!

     
'THE MAN' is on the right above.  Because I talk to people .. really get-into-the-now with them .. I learned the gentleman on the left worked in London England for two (2) full years and then worked in Moscow Russia for three (3) full years. 

'THE MAN' is MUCH WARMER and friendly than his serious expression would indicate.

I was sitting at my table enjoying lunch one afternoon when 'THE MAN' came over to my table with his associate (on the left above) and said to me .. "I want a photo with you!"

He had brought his associate over with him specifically to take the photo!

Whew!  Go Figure!



I hope that you all have enjoyed this little photo tour of AL BAIQ here in Kodaikanal.  

I am speechless at how warmly I have been received here.

With Much Joy .. Cap 

Please DON'T STOP NOW .. below in the following Post I show you my 'other' restaurant here in Kodaikanal .. FAVO*RS!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP