I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Thursday 25 April 2013

APR 25, 13 .. MY SECOND TOUR OF UDHAGAMANDALAM .. aka OOTY ...

Yesterday .. in my Post titled .. A VISIT TO A TEA PLANTATION IN COONOOR .. I discussed my first 'tour' of Ooty and of its neighbor city .. Coonoor.

Today I took my second tour of Ooty and nearby areas.

As I sit here in Ooty .. it is past 7:30PM on Thursday evening.  After my second tour in two days .. especially after all-of-the-energy I expended yesterday .. I am pretty tired.  But tired as I feel .. I want to POST PHOTOS for you to enjoy.  So 'here-we-go' .. I have until 10PM when the Internet Cafe here in Ooty closes for the evening.

Today's tour began by visiting THE ROSE GARDEN here in Ooty.
Now walk under the above arch and below is your view.
Now we take a look-to-the-left.
And we take a look-to-the-right.
And I snapped the below photo AFTER I HAD BEEN 'CAUGHT'!
After snapping the first four photos above of the Entry Archway and three overviews of the Rose Garden .. I felt a 'tap-on-my-shoulder' followed by .. "Sir.  Have you your ticket Sir?"

I didn't have a ticket NOR did I have-a-clue I even needed a ticket.  Examine .. Study .. the sign below!
Not only did they want to charge me 30Rs ($0.60 US Dollars) to enter The Rose Garden but they also wanted to charge me 50Rs ($1.00 US Dollars) for my camera.

I was tired from yesterday and I had seen all-that-I-needed-to-see and I 'passed'.  I went back to my very pleasant NITIN Tour Bus ..
Who was just visiting-up-a-storm with all of his Tour-Bus-Buddies around him.
And I 'grabbed-a-couple-of-ZZZZs' while I was waiting on the others to return from The Rose Garden.

It was not the $1.60 US Dollars that bugged me .. this is typical of Indian Tours .. they charge you for the tour and then they 'nickle and dime' you practically-to-death with .. oh-by-the-way .. other charges.  I truly saw all I needed and all I wanted to see and I REALLY needed to rest and to save-myself for the rest of a full-day.  

WHAT?  We are changing buses?  From one NITIN Travel Agency bus to another NITIN Travel Agency bus.  Oh well!  IT TOO WAS SWELL!
Today we did quite a bit of road driving getting from one scenic venue to the next.  So I shot a few 'general road scenes' as the day passed.



Please get-with-me here.  We are in a heavily visited tourist-area of India.  Many .. I would say MOST .. of my 'tourist-peers' are from the enormous Indian cities ..  Chennai .. Bangalore .. Bombay.  Friends .. some of these kind folks .. dare I say .. MANY of these kind folks have never seen a forest.  So our 50 Km drive through a Pine Forest was a big deal to them!  Since I live within and am pretty well surrounded by a forest up in Alaska .. it was not-a-big-deal to me.  I enjoyed the cool and the fresh air BUT ..   Below are scenes from our drive in the Pine Forest near Ooty.





Then .. as they always seem to do in life .. the tables-were-turned!  Do you see what I see below? THEY were watching US!  I mean .. TOO FUNNY!
Many .. maybe MOST .. of my Indian compatriots have grown-up with and around Simians!  They were sort-of-bored by the above lads.  NOT ME.


Then we drove-past a dam (NO photos allowed) and its reservoir.  Sorry but .. 'ho-hum'!
  
We were PROMISED a visit to Nilgiris Niagra Water Falls. THEN we were told it was a total of four (4) kilometers (2-1/2 miles) to walk-in and to walk-out and that (see the low water line in the reservoir above) the 'falls' were pretty 'dry'.  All-on-the-van opted-out ME included!

India .. in my humble opinion .. is really trying! Me too .. sorry the below photo is so dark.

We also did 'drive-past' visits to a golf course .. an industrial park .. and to some sights that just simply 'escaped' me!

So there-you-have-it.  Tomorrow I plan to stop over at Dot Net and give you the 'real-low-down' on the two tours .. yesterday and today.

Tomorrow I am doing a toy-train trip from Ooty to Coonoor and return.  I set-it-up today before the above tour began.

Smiles .. Cap 

No comments:

Post a Comment

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP