I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Monday 4 March 2013

MAR 4, 13 .. BE SAFE ! ? .. PART I ..

As those of you who I e-mailed yesterday for your input and opinion realize .. yesterday I stumbled onto a mental dry patch! I think 100% of all writers and artists and creators hit such spells!   I had been 'agonizing' about where-to-go with my web site as I stay here in Pondicherry.  Then yesterday it hit me with such force that I e-mailed you for input.

This I KNEW FOR SURE!  I did NOT want to stop daily posts!  I know .. because some-of-you-have-told-me this .. some of you really look forward to a daily update on my adventures.

Last year I was totally off-line for months.  Believe me .. dating back to the trip Patti and I took in November and December 2012 .. it has taken quite some time to get many of you back!  I feared the day I stop daily posts .. UNLESS of course I am traveling and I let you all know this .. I will lose you again.

So becoming irregular was not an option.  

Well as if the universe heard me .. from somewhere came to me this  blazing advice! .. 

"Captain!  Just get your camera out of Mister India Bag!  Atta Boy!  Very good!  Now just take your camera with you!  More will be revealed!"

Do you remember the great movie .. 'Field of Dreams' .. IF you build it .. they will come!   

So I have decided that I am going to begin a series of photos that I will post from time-to-time.  I am going to title this series of photos ..

BE  SAFE ! ? *

* Note the exclamation mark .. BE SAFE ! Great advice hence the exclamation mark .. then notice that I add a question mark ?  Read on ..

This series will NOT be daily .. oh no .. it will just be one of a series of themes that I will have to fall-back-onto when I am at a loss for a post.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

BE  SAFE ! ?


So this afternoon .. just for-the-heck-of-it .. and in answer to the spiritual advice I received .. on my two block walk here to my Internet Cafe .. I took my camera with me.  Well what-to-my-wondering-eyes-should-appear but some 'photo opportunities'!  Can you imagine that?  So I decided to snap a photo-or-two!  


Many .. IF NOT ALL OF YOU .. caution me .. "Cap!  Please BE SAFE!"

OK .. great advice .. wonderful advice .. I really appreciate your concern and your best wishes ..

Now I ask you to carefully explain to me .. "HOW PRECISELY DO I BE SAFE?" ..

If you carefully study the below photos .. you will see that just the simple act of walking on many of the sidewalks here is like walking through a literal 'mine field' !

This comment includes many of the the sidewalks throughout all of the India that I have known for 22+ years .. this is NOT unique to Pondicherry !

It is bad enough in the daytime .. try it .. IN THE DARK OF NIGHT !

Feast your eyes on the three photos below!


One!  Just one teeny tiny little mis-step .. and BAM!  You have twisted an ankle!  You have fallen!  You have wrenched a knee!

The below photo is NOT a different view of the above photo!



And .. as you progress down the sidewalk .. the condition DOES NOT GET MATERIALLY BETTER!



"Cap?  Tell us all again one-more-time!  What exactly is it that you love about India?!"

From Pondicherry on the Bay of Bengal in S.W. India with love! .. Cap ..

post script .. each of you know who you are! .. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your input and comments and support in reply to my e-mail asking .. HELP !  I think .. at least for now .. I am good-to-go again!  Truly .. I never did actually miss-a-beat!   Not even Patti had-a-clue about the wall I had hit!  But I was oh-so-close (3 days) from having to shut-it-down for awhile!  I have to giggle to myself about some of your advice!  "Cap!  Just throw anything up!  We will read it!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP