I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Sunday 31 March 2013

MAR 31, 13 .. EASTER SUNDAY .. KODAIKANAL .. SACRED HEART CHURCH ..

HE IS RISEN!  Matthew 28: 5-6

HAPPY EASTER TO YOU ALL!

Last Friday .. 'Good Friday' .. I took a long distance telephoto shot of a church 'in-the-distance-up-on-a-hill'. 

It was the best-I-could-do at that time.

Below is the shot from 'Good Friday'.



Actually the above photo is excellent from a 'view-of-the-church' standpoint.  When you get onto the grounds .. you can NOT get far enough away from the church to really show-it-off!

On 'Good Friday' I 'solemnly-promised-myself' that I would 'trek' up to the church and 'do-it-photographic-justice' on Easter Sunday!

And I did so this Easter Sunday morning.  

'Giggle'!  

First!  I had to find-my-way up to the church!

IF perchance one of you has traveled in India .. you understand this can be a real challenge.

At 7AM I was 'off'!

On the street .. in front of my hotel Raahat Inn .. I showed two young men my camera photo of the church and said .. "Left or Right?"  .. "Up the hill or Down the hill?"

They both unanimously agreed!  "Left and Down the hill Sir!"

Had they not been so positive .. I might have gone Right and Up the hill!  

I did so.  Then at the bottom of the hill it was another .. show someone my photo and ask .. which way?

And next thing I knew .. I was there!



In the photo below .. 

I REALLY WISH THAT somehow I could 'clean-up-the-trash' and 'sanitize' the entry gate BUT this is .. after all .. India with all of India's warts and pimples!



Two close-ups of the top of the gate.





OK we are through the gate and on-our-way up to the church.



A 'look back'.



Once you get up the hill to the church .. and walk back away from the church .. you get a grand view of part of Kodaikanal.  I decided to show you this view because you can clearly see the above entry gate down in the below left corner of the below photo.



Now we turn back around and face the church.

The small structure on the lower right of the below photo is the 'Bell Tower' for the church.







To enter the sanctuary .. you walk through the 'covered entryway' you see below.



Zowie!  The parishioners sit / squat on-the-floor!  

"Jesus died on the cross FOR YOU and you can't squat Captain!"

I just love 'the guilt' of my religion!

Tender and festive Easter decorations.



In the above photo .. go straight then turn right and go to that end of the church .. now turn around 180 degrees and .. "You can see the 'Handicapped Section' for you Captain!"



This above seating is what I used to call .. 'Guts Ball'.

The Altar.

Below I SEE a lot of LOVE!



A closer view of the right side of the church.



And a photo of the other side of the above.  Note the early morning fog!



Two beautiful statues.





HAPPY JOYOUS EASTER TO YOU .. HE IS RISEN!

Love .. Cap

Scroll down for Easter Sunday photos of Easter Lilies ..

No comments:

Post a Comment

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP