I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Saturday 16 March 2013

MAR 16, 13 .. BEAUTIFUL PONDICHERRY ..

I just want to share some photos of 'Pondi' with you as my departure becomes imminent next Thursday.

MOTHERS GUEST HOUSE is alongside the below flood control canal ..



As (I think!) you all know by now .. the 'beach' on The Bay of Bengal here at 'Pondi' is NOT sand and gentle surf!  The 'beach' is large man-eating rocks!

I shoot a lot of photos to 'capture the water spray' as it hits the rocks.


Beginning with me .. I think that we all love the Bay of Bengal!   


The water just crashes onto the rocks!



In my next Post immediately following this Post I will show you a real sand beach just North of 'Pondi' .. Auroville BEACH!



Along the 'Pondi Beach' is Goubert Avenue more-commonly called The Promenade!  Most maps call it 'Beach Road'.  The two below photos look to the North.

As you look at The Promenade .. keep-in-mind that the backpackers do NOT stay in this very 'high rent' district of 'Pondi'!


The below photo could be Miami Beach!



And this photo looks to the South.


A lot of visitors 'stroll The Promenade'!












The lighthouse is a real 'landmark' on The Promenade.  It is not active.





The Customs House.



Now we come .. along The Promenade .. to the Notre Dame des Anges church!  It is beautiful!


The below photo was snapped later in the day.  Notice the lady statue below.



Looking back due East at her.  Between a very worn plaque and Tamil and French .. I could NOT determine who she is.


This is fun!  Notre Dame des Anges Church has a 'nickname'.  Locals  (I got this from the plaque visible below) call it 'Kaps Church'!  

This is short for 'Kaps Kovil' or the Church of the Capuchins.



Below is the Dr. B. R. Ambedkar memorial.  


Below are two nice photos I shot walking back to my room.


Note the South India 'tropical look'.



Below is just-a-very-nice looking building!



'Pondi' is beautiful.

Smiles .. Cap ..

OK!  Now down to Auroville BEACH!

2 comments:

  1. Sir, after seeing these beautiful images of Pondi rocky beach I'm must say, I have to visit one day this place. It's totally different from where we live (very very far from sea noises).

    Hope one day with the family, we can make it.

    Thanks for the updates.

    Grace and Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ME TOO RAJ .. I HOPE YOU ALL CAN VISIT PONDICHERRY TOO SOME DAY .. IT IS A BLESSING TO BE HERE RAJ .. THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST AND SUPPORT RAJ .. CAP ..

    ReplyDelete

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP