I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Friday 15 March 2013

MAR 15, 13 .. BE SAFE ! ? .. PART VII

Here we go loop-de-loop ..
Here we go loop-de-li ..
Here we go loop-de-loop ..
On a Saturday Night !

Sung by Johnny Thunder .. 

The above lyrics with a THANK YOU  'www.lyricstime.com' !

Another Day-In-Paradise here in Pondicherry or 'Pondi'!

I am sitting here in my Internet Cafe .. just doing my thing .. and to my left diagonally behind me I notice a ..

Real Honest-To-Goodness BACKPACKER!

"Captain!  Have your camera! .. Photo Opportunities WILL APPEAR!"  

/s/ Field of Dreams (IF you build it .. They WILL come!)

It is difficult .. IF not nearly impossible .. to 'catch' one of these amazing creatures for a photo.  They go and they go and they seldom ever stop or pause!

SNAP I WENT FIRST! .. I did NOT ask him for permission to photograph him!  Then I went back to my work here at the computer.  Maybe .. possibly .. he knew that a 'camera flash' went off.  He neither flinched nor looked up!  I doubt that he suspected HE was the subject of a photo opportunity!

After fifteen minutes he .. the 'walking wounded' .. was still sitting looking down .. intensely busy with his project!  

I said to him .. "Do you mind IF I photograph you?" ..

He looked up .. puzzled.   I said .. 

"Your leg!  Can I photograph your leg?"

"Umm .. Sure I guess!"

SNAP! AND SNAP! .. I got him .. ONE OF THE 'WALKING WOUNDED'!

In the first photo below ..

FEAST YOUR EYES ON A REAL BACKPACAKER!



His leg was a mess!




Don't you think for one nano-second that the above wound is not life-and-death critical!

In December of 1992 I met Wayne (The) Monkman in New Delhi.  When we two were in Calcutta .. Wayne took a far-less-severe-looking-hit than what you see in the above photo.  Within four (4) count-them-hours!  Wayne was being Med-Evacuated to Singapore with a life-threatening raging-out-of-control infection!  I have never seen Wayne again nor have I ever heard from 'The Monkman' again.

'The Rest Of 'The Monkman' Story'  rest in peace Mister Paul Harvey!

It was Wayne Monkman from Vancouver B.C. who snapped the photo some-of-you have seen with me sitting beside Mother Teresa!

Man Wayne!  "I owe you for that photo!"

So I got to chit-chat (JUST briefly mind you!) with a Real Honest-To-Goodness backpacker and .. he was gone!



No name!  No real details .. "I got into a little scrape!" .. "A little 'spit' and a bandage and I am good-to-go!" 

WHEW! .. BE SAFE ! ?

/s/ a rather pensive .. Cap ..  

Back Packers .. be they l'homme or la femme or together they are TOUGH cookies!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Post Script dated Saturday .. 23 March 2013 ..

I just 'ran-into' My Man here at the Internet Cafe and asked him for another photo.



Other than the fact that he has since taken a-little-shot to the right side of his face (look closely at it) .. he and his right leg are doing well!

These backpacking Lads and Lassies are 'something else'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP