I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Saturday 27 April 2013

APR 27, 13 .. MY TWO RESTAURANTS IN OOTY ..

I have two restaurants here in Ooty that I eat in.  One .. FOOD WORLD .. is located on the street level of my Hotel Sapphire Paradise.

In the first photo below .. notice my room up on the third (top) floor of the hotel to the left of the hotel sign (see my blaze-yellow shirt).  Now notice the blue sign for FOOD WORLD on the lower left of the hotel.


 A photo from the other direction.
 A straight-on photo.  You enter to the left below.
And a close-up photo.
The actual entry door.  You can .. and I often do .. enter from within the basement of the hotel.
The next two photos below look at the cashier's counter and the front door.  In the first photo below .. I sit at the second table on the row of tables on the left.


A photo taken from my table looking right.

My other restaurant is shown below.  In the below photo .. FOOD WORLD is just around the corner on the right of the photo only a few doors away.

We step inside and from the entrance door I snapped the below two photos.  I sit at the second table on the right .. one removed from the cashier's counter.

 Looking back at the entrance.

OK LET'S EAT SOME BREAKFAST!

A 'Bread Omlette'.  $0.80 US.  Yes!  It tastes as good-as-it-looks!

Below are two breakfast entrees.  A 'Masala Omelette' ($1.00 US) on the right AND an Indian Dosa ($0.80 US) on the left.
I put the Dosa on-top-of-the-Omelette so you can see the 'fixings' that you eat with the Dosa.
Below I 'unfolded' the Dosa so you have some idea of how large it is.
They use banana leaves under the food.  Nice.
 I have had Dosa without the banana leaves but the true traditional Dosa comes with the banana leaves.  
Isn't the below Dosa presented beautifully here in Ooty!


OK let's get to Lunch and Dinner.  

OH MY!  Indian Thali!  OH MY!  All for only $2.40 US (120 Rs Indian).  SUCH-A-DEAL-YOU-WOULDN'T-BELIEVE!

The 'flash' photo shows the true toasty color of the Papadam on top of the Roti.


I am going to attempt to take-you-around the below Thali. I specifically requested 'less rice' in the below Thali than what came above!


We will begin at the bottom and we will go counter-clockwise around.

Tomato Soup / Aromatic Clove Biriyani / Salad of Onions and Cucumbers and Carrots / Curd or Yogurt / Cauliflower and Chick Peas in a red sauce / Birnal a mixed vegetable dish / Lental Dal / more finely-cut mixed vegetables / a milk-based very pleasant dessert-sweet / Potatoes and more Cauliflower .   I always eat an Indian Thali one-dish-at-a-time.  And I pretty much go-around-the-circle.

My old-stand-by .. Chicken Chow Mein for $1.80 US.

My  poor Chilly Chicken does NOT photograph well at all.  BUT it sure 'tastes' swell at $1.60 US.


NOW I am hungry .. it is almost 10PM and I have been here since 4:45PM or five-some hours.  Both restaurants are open until 10:30PM so I will-not-die tonight from starvation!

Much Joy .. /s/ me hungry Cap

Don't stop now!  Below I have a second Post for today showing some scenery along the highway between Ooty and Coonoor.
And some of you actually still wonder ..  "Cap why is it you so love India?"  

Should I bring her home Patti?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP